Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Lovely Day Today

purplewednesday1

It's been a lovely day here in Brighton ... sunny and quite warm (in the sunshine). We had a really good day ... at home ... I cleared out the garage, my husband built a raised bed for our vegetables, 10 yr old rode his bike up and down the street, 3 yr old watered everything in sight and washed all his garden toys (and the garden path, and the garden table, and the water butt, and his wellies etc etc). Just wanted to let everyone know! Seems to have been too many days stuck indoors at the weekend recently. Really feel worn out now! Just enough strength to lift wine glass. Husband now cooking my dinner while I watch TV. Ahh Happy days!

Anyone else had a nice day?

We've had a similar beautiful blue sky day here in the Midlands - just makes you want to throw all the doors and windows open doesn't it? My daughter and I climbed the Wrekin, just outside Telford, and came down with cheeks glowing and a real feel good feeling!

Hope tomorrow is just the same..though I probably won't be able to walk and make the most of it again! :o

It's been a lovely day here in Brighton ... sunny and quite warm (in the sunshine). We had a really good day ... at home ... I cleared out the garage, my husband built a raised bed for our vegetables, 10 yr old rode his bike up and down the street, 3 yr old watered everything in sight and washed all his garden toys (and the garden path, and the garden table, and the water butt, and his wellies etc etc). Just wanted to let everyone know! Seems to have been too many days stuck indoors at the weekend recently. Really feel worn out now! Just enough strength to lift wine glass. Husband now cooking my dinner while I watch TV. Ahh Happy days!

Anyone else had a nice day?

its been lovely here too!!! sun shining through at 7 o'clock!! even made up for baby sat up from 2am to 4.30am, high as a kite clapping and laughing after overdosing on chocolate mousse at work!! never again-note to baby room staff!!!

15 year old had her first hangover!!! let her go to local with 24 year old sister who promised she would only yet her have orange---4 pints later.....!!!

had a suprise visit from old friend and took baby to park (who has come down from his chocolate hit!!!

then he went to bed at six!!! bliss!!!!

Wonderful weather in Essex too but I spent most of my day making sure everything ready to go back to work on Monday coz got in laws and my own parents for dinner tomorrow. Plus which ever of my kids friends end up staying too. I think I've got more people for dinner than we had at Christmas! Don't know how I got talked into it. :o

Hi

It has been a lovely day in lincoln as well . I had to work this morning and it was great to have the children outside for the whole session. We tided the garden and had out the sand and water.

Hope itis just as nice tommorrow.

have a good weekend everybody

bluebelle2008

Weather was lovely over here today too!

Well we got up and had breakfast, watched Horrid Henry (my sons favourite programme) and then headed out. Took James to the barbers, where he amazed them with his knowledge about Sky yet again. While we were sitting in the waiting room of the barbers, James was looking at the TV listings and saw the regional variations section. He pointed to the bit for N Ireland and asked what "Ragonal Virgins" were!!! :o

I did explain what regional variations were so that started him on about Sky before he even got in the barbers chair. All this from a child who does not have Sky in his own home but can tell you the channel numbers for CBBC, CITV etc and also about sky plus ("You can pause live TV u know) and sky HD

We went to Ballymena, walked around the shops and got him yet another Horrid Henry book with money that his grandad has given him and he then bought a horrid henry gross jokes kit with his pocket money. Also bought a copy of Jayne Ayre to read to his daddy in hospital. Then we went to MacDonalds. We havent been there in ages and both of us thoroughly enjoyed it. Never thought I would hear myself say that!!

Then it was time to head to nana and grandas, so that I could go up and visit Martin in hospital. They have lifted his sedation a bit more. He opened his eyes while I was there and I told him that he was in the hospital. He nodded at me and I then told him that he was doing really well and not to worry about trying to talk because of the vent and he nodded at me again. I then read him the first chapter of the book. It felt sooo good just to get the tiniest piece of a conversation with him and get a reaction back from him. Hes still not out of the woods yet, but the fact that he is more comfortable with less sedation is a good sign. This time last week he couldnt cope with being less heavily sedated.

Came home and had a snack and some fun with James, done some colouring in and he went out on his bike for a while and then back in again to watch the football (I think thats what it was) with his granda.

Back up to the hospital tonight and Martin still opening his eyes every now and then and all his vitals were good. Have just rang and his is still comfortable and has just had a wash and is resting now.

Then to finish my day on a good note, here am I on the forum!!

Then to finish my day on a good note, here am I on the forum!!

Perfect end to a day - if not perfect because of where Martin is - at least a fantastic day in terms of quality time spent with both the men in your life!

Glad to hear that Martin is continuing to maintain his progress.

Maz

bought a copy of Jayne Ayre

Oh this is my favourite - the one I always go back to (hmm sounds like a thread coming on here for that) I did it for O level, backwards, forwards, inside out and analysed, but still love it. I HATE tv adaptations of it 'cos they NEVER get it right - why can't they do that?

So glad to hear of the progress - Jane Eyre will help hugely!