Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Cultural And Non Steriotypical Posters And Resources

Hi everybody

Hope you lovely ladies can help. I want to by some cultural and non steriotypical resource for the setting. I dont have alot of money to spend and have looked in the ususal catalogues. Do any of you know any specific sites or catologues i could vist or may be know any freebie sites to down load pics from

Thanks you

bluebelle2008

Woo - there's a thread about posters we want to se in Nursery World going on at the moment - put your plug in there!

I agree with you - it's really hard to find good quality posters showing multicultural and multi-ability children - and we do like to have these too

I used to scan through magazines and newspapers to find the pictures I wanted. Astronauts, old people, street children, people with missing limbs, people in every type of dress, musicians, police, road sweepers, landscapes, buildings. Anything I thought might catch the childrens eye or cause a conversation or be a bit outside their usual realm. They werent poster size so I made a scrap book of pictures, no words or comments needed.

I used to scan through magazines and newspapers to find the pictures I wanted. Astronauts, old people, street children, people with missing limbs, people in every type of dress, musicians, police, road sweepers, landscapes, buildings. Anything I thought might catch the childrens eye or cause a conversation or be a bit outside their usual realm. They werent poster size so I made a scrap book of pictures, no words or comments needed.

That's a really good idea Rea, one more thing to go on my never-ending to do list!

Karrie

• 2 weeks later...

thats what I do too. Its a cheap and effective method and the kids can join in and discuss as we do it. It makes it more of a real experience. I find its rare that kids look at posters anyway - especially after the first couple of days

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)