Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Guinnes Book Of World Records

HappyMaz

Here I am deep in work avoidance mode and spotted a news item on msn about how the lady whose nails are (or rather, were) officially the longest in the world has lost them in a car crash. Click here to read it in glorious technicolour! The lady's condition is described as 'serious but not life threatening' by the way.

It led me to wonder if I was in the Guiness Book of World Records, which record would I break? Which led me to think about which records some Forum members might hold.

• longest single sentence in a post?
  • most smileys in a single post?
  • longest time in chat?
  • most mentions of a well-known supermarket?
  • most encyclopaedic knowledge of flora or fauna?
  • quickest birthday goblin in the west?

So anyway, I digress. What world record would you like to break and why?

Maz

I have been in the Guinness Book of Records already, so that is a bit old hat for me. :o I was involved in the Worlds Longest Conga Line, but that record has since been smashed several times. For a while it was still down as the British record but have no idea if that is still the case. xD

When I was about 8 or 9 I decided to go for the Worlds Longest Daisy Chain record. I spent all day doing it and it stretched all the way along the pavement in front of our house. At night I carefully carried it into our garage for safe keeping. Of course, when I got up the next day and fetched it to continue it had dried out and the whole lot fell apart. :(

I have been in the Guinness Book of Records already, so that is a bit old hat for me. xD

On Brownie holiday a few years ago there was a sleepover for some charity or other (you can tell I was listening at that briefing meeting can't you?) which involved everyone around the country taking part in a world record attempt for the most people brushing their teeth at the same time.

Not as interesting as a daisy chain, but its a start! :o

Maz

Good Easter holds the World Record for the longest daisy chain. It measured 2.12km (6980 feet, 7 inches) and was made by the villagers of Good Easter on 27th May 1985.

I think mine would've come up a little short in any case!! :o

We took part in the most mini's on a race track at once :o record at Donnington. Thats hubby waving in the aqua blue xD

I think I would like to hold the record for the most portions of bread and butter pudding without gaining :( -in can't shake off the comfort food mode after the snow has gone

I was part of the toothbrushing too with my Cubs and Beavers - its a second world record attached to the Giant Sleepover - most people sleeping over at one time.

Al

I was part of the toothbrushing too with my Cubs and Beavers - its a second world record attached to the Giant Sleepover - most people sleeping over at one time.

See? Someone was listening at that briefing meeting! :o

FSF should have the World Record for the most people desperately trying to avoid writing their SEF!! :o

I am supposed to be doing mine!! xD

im soooooooooooo glad mine is done!!! just as well as ofsted came last week and actually commended me on a thorough sef!!!

FSF should have the World Record for the most people desperately trying to avoid writing their SEF!! :o

I am supposed to be doing mine!! xD

All I have done is get all necessary paperwork out and spread it all over my dining room table - does this count as starting it?!?

Sunnyday

All I have done is get all necessary paperwork out and spread it all over my dining room table - does this count as starting it?!?

Absolutely! Hope you had a cup of tea once you'd achieved that milestone! :o

I think I could gain the world record for mutli tasking, but I never finish one thing before I start on another.............

or it could be world record for :oxD:(:( (forgetting what I was going to say mid sentence :wacko: )

and Maz, don't think I didn't notice the longest sentence record comment, but if you look deep into the FSF archives you may find that actually Steve holds that record. :(

record for most untidiest Office. xD

Peggy

and Maz, don't think I didn't notice the longest sentence record comment, but if you look deep into the FSF archives you may find that actually Steve holds that record. :o

What makes you think I was referring to you Peggy? :(

Surely you're not going to take it lying down though: don't you want to mount a record breaking attempt to take away his title? xD

What makes you think I was referring to you Peggy? :(

Surely you're not going to take it lying down though: don't you want to mount a record breaking attempt to take away his title? :o

Maybe one day, sorry the dreaded cold bug has depleted my energies at the mo, will come back fighting fit and break the record one day soon I hope. xD:(

Peggy

Maybe one day, sorry the dreaded cold bug has depleted my energies at the mo, will come back fighting fit and break the record one day soon I hope. :o:(

Sorry to hear you're still not fighting fit Peggy. Is there a world record for the most snotty tissues generated in a single day? xD

Get well soon!

Maz

Sorry to hear you're still not fighting fit Peggy. Is there a world record for the most snotty tissues generated in a single day? :(

Get well soon!

Maz

World record for possibly the most coughs in any one night, why is it the coughing starts just as I lay my head down to sleep?. :wacko: and I can't even console myself with a 'medicinal' Hot Toddy' (oh I am feeling sorry for myself :(xD )

and today Hubby has the first signs of not the cold bug but OH NO, MAN FLU :o:( .

Peggy