Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Referencing

jam17

I can really sympathise with you over the referencing. We follow the havard system yet each tutor seems to have their own versions of it. Each assignment hand back brings with it a different set of rules, it is so frustrating and seems to be causing more stress during assignments than the actual assignment itself.

Welcome to the forum, nursery3!

Congtratulations on making your first post. I would echo what Cait has said: once you have found out which style your tutor prefers, type in the references for a variety of publications and then use them as the basis of the books/publications/websites etc that you need to reference. You can then delete the sample ones from your list once you've checked you've got the referencing right!

Maz

• 3 weeks later...
I can really sympathise with you over the referencing. We follow the havard system yet each tutor seems to have their own versions of it. Each assignment hand back brings with it a different set of rules, it is so frustrating and seems to be causing more stress during assignments than the actual assignment itself.

I know I have had the same experience with tutors, just makes everything that much harder!

• 3 weeks later...

Snap i have the same problem i am through my 5th assignment and have been pulled up every time on referencing.It would be so simple if every tutor sticked to the same type.

If you're in a uni or college, do they offer any study skills workshops on referencing? (If they're like my uni's they'll be when you're at work anyway :o , but the Study Skills Tutors at mine at happy to do individual sessions when people need them.

• 1 month later...

can't help really as one of my tutors said my referencing was idiosyncratic!! I felt like saying it's you lot marking it that are the problem.

A member of our team is doing an MSC and she was looking at a book her tutor had written to copy her style of bibliography so It's not just any ealry years issue!!

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

We use Harvard Referencing at my college.

Does your place of study have a library? I picked up a referncing sheet from mine which i have out at all times while writing assignments.

I will see if i can scan it and add it on here x

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)