Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Songs You Hate

Rea

Just thought.. cannot stand the Eurovision song for this year... think someone forgot the words and thought lets keep repeating the one phrase they do...'its my time!'

Cannot say I am usually inclined to listen anyway but that one is dire....

Inge

Sorry everyone, although I agree that girl's version is diabolical, Jeff Buckley's version of Hallelujah is totally fantastic, even better that Leonard Cohen's original, and I'm a LC fan!

And Rea xD - I absolutely love Silver Machine and am a huge Hawkwind fan - still!

What do I hate?? Boybands. Yes, I know it's a genre, but I just CAN'T listen to them!

Oh, and Simply Red! (You are not alone mummyspud :o )...and Enya! - sorry!!!!!

Off to NEC tonight to see Judas Priest, Megadeth and Testament - yay!

Sue :(

PS, Maz - bet I'd like your son's noise!!

Have been racking my brain on this one! As a group I have never liked the Rolling Stones. Then I heard this one today - Rufus Thomas 'Do the Funky Chicken'. Absolutely dreadful!!! :oxD

Sorry this will probably be an unpopular choice, but my big hate is Patience by Take That.....in fact anything by Take That....Gary Barlow really makes my skin crawl....he's got one of those faces you could slap!!!

Oh dear I think I need a lie down after that!

I also can't stand Achey Breaky Heart by Billy Ray Sirus.....but Take That are on the radio every time you turn it on...

Sorry rant over...I'd better stop now!!?

PS, Maz - bet I'd like your son's noise!!

I probably wouldn't mind it as much if I could hear past the noise to the music, if you know what I mean.

And I prefer Rufus Wainwright's version of Hallelujah, if I'm honest... but then I have Smokey's greatest hits on my iPod so what do I know? :o

Maz

Just thought.. cannot stand the Eurovision song for this year... think someone forgot the words and thought lets keep repeating the one phrase they do...'its my time!'

Cannot say I am usually inclined to listen anyway but that one is dire....

Inge

Song written by Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber, Lyrics by a renowned lyricist (spl) who's name evades me, but yes agree with you, I find it quite egocentric and not dissimilar to a previous 'winner's song from X Factor. NIL POINT (with a French accent) I think.

My dislikes: Crazy Frog, YMCA, I can only bear one Abba song at a time with at last 6 months gap before having to bear hearing another one (Guess who won't be watching Mamma Mia).

Any punk rock songs YUK

oh and Delilah (spl?) by Tom Jones

Peggy

Song written by Sir Andrew Lloyd Webber, Lyrics by a renowned lyricist (spl) who's name evades me,

Diane Warren, Peggy. She's a very successful lyricist, so it will be interesting to see how the song fares in May!

Certainly a lot of professional pride is riding on this song - but it can't be any worse than last year's entry can it? :o

Maz

Diane Warren, Peggy. She's a very successful lyricist, so it will be interesting to see how the song fares in May!

Certainly a lot of professional pride is riding on this song - but it can't be any worse than last year's entry can it? :o

Maz

ummm, can't say I know it, only interested in the build up to Eurovision, the 'talent' show, I wanted the twins to win, I just thought they were so 'English' and what a fantastic rags to riches (not wanting to offend supermarket workers, who actually earn more than I did when I had my preschool) story if they had gone through and then won. xD

Peggy

ummm, can't say I know it,

I just remember we came last. :o

I wanted the twins to win, I just thought they were so 'English'

I didn't see all of the series but once I'd seen the eventual winner sing, I think the game was up for the others. Shame though - too many Beyonce look alikes in the charts already for my liking.

Maz