Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Long Term Medication Form

Hi

Does anyone have an example of a long term medication form? We have one child who requires medication 4 times a day? And another child who will need a cathater (sorry terrible spelling) changing everytime he attends the setting? (which will be twice per week).

We have the short term form but it doesnt really cover things like the above!

Thank you

jx

Edited by Jenni B

We have long term stuff displayed so that everyone is aware (not that it has helped me recentely, see another thread) we then get the staff to record what medication etc they have given/applied, someone who witnessed and checked it and then the parent signs it to say they were told, is that what you mean? Or we have chidlren who have cream on everyday and there mdical form says until further notice. With the previous record of recording also used. (hope that makes sense)

We have a long term from but it is on work pc and I am at home ~ sorry.

Basically it details medication and dosages with a parental permission signature part, under this is are 6 colums to detail ~ date, time, doasge, given by, witnessed by and parental signature. In addition the form states that the permission must be renewed at a minimum of 3 monthly and immediately if doasge changes. All works very well for us.

Hope this helps

Debbie

Right, it doesn't look like anyone has sorted this so far, so here's the PSLA headings.

Medication Record

Name of child

Name of doctor

Name of medication

Dosage

Time(s) at which medication is to be administered

Circumstances in which medication is to be administered (if for emergency use)

I confirm that the medication, dosage and tiings indicated above are correct and authorise the preschool to administer them.

Parent's signature and date

Then there is a table with headings

date, quantity administered, time administered, signature of staff administering medication

and at the end

Background - (which I suppose is if it's been an 'incident', ie asthma attack)

Parent's signature and date

Hope this helps

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)