Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

E230

Is anyone doing E230 via the OU? I have to list my strengths and weaknesses for literacy, maths and science I don't think I have any strengths for science only studied for about a year at secondary school years ago. Any ideas?

You need to look along the top bar, where it says 'my controls' 'view new posts' 'my friends' 'my assistant' and then 'my messages' and click on there, rather than the message box which pops up

Is anyone doing E230 via the OU? I have to list my strengths and weaknesses for literacy, maths and science I don't think I have any strengths for science only studied for about a year at secondary school years ago. Any ideas?

Hi

Is there any everyday activities you do that you could use that involve science e.g. forces, magnets, life and living processes?

Carol

Unfortunately not, Carol, It's about your own skills - not the children's learning. You have to analyse your own strengths and weaknesses to make a table to use as an appendix to an essay

Hi

Is there any everyday activities you do that you could use that involve science e.g. forces, magnets, life and living processes?

Carol

Carol! Just noticed you're back! Long time no see. :o

• 1 month later...

Is anyone doing E230 via the OU?

That would be me too! I am just as rubbish as i thought i would be!

Have you got any further? I am still struggling to find any positives! I suppose I could always say I have a better understanding of biology in some areas after having 3 kids??? Do you think this will wash? Some how I doubt it!!

Vicky

Have just finished TMA 1, I ended up focusing on maths and language rather than science. Hopefully I will scrape a pass!

Yes, I wrote briefly of my experience of science at secondary school and simple science experiments I had carried out with children. I have sent it off as I am behind with E243 course which I am doing simultaneously!

Thanks Cait, when I started the Foundation Degree I was working at a pre school and had plenty of spare time, I stopped for a while when I started a new job at local school but it seemed a shame to leave it unfinished after all my hard work. However I now work 40 hours plus a week and have four children so am really struggling to fit it in. I know I should have done one course at a time but it seems to have been dragging on for years and still E215 to go !

Hi hope you dont mind me jumping in the conversation but i am now starting E230 and thinking oh my god what have i done been going through all my activties and struggled with a lot of the audits not a good start any help would be grateful have completed E123,E124,E115 so far Thanx

Lovely to hear from you - there are a lot of people on here who have done this module, so just shout if you need some help!

Edited by Cait

Hi hope you dont mind me jumping in the conversation but i am now starting E230 and thinking oh my god what have i done been going through all my activties and struggled with a lot of the audits not a good start any help would be grateful have completed E123,E124,E115 so far Thanx

Just wanted to welcome you to the forum Stimmo......good to have you on board! :o

I'm doing E243 at the mo and will do E230 afterwards.......if I get through this one of course. Seems like a few people are doing the same course as you so there should be plenty of advice and support from them. Good luck! xD

I am really struggling to write this tma.

I just cant seem to get started and can only think of things I am unable to do!!!

AAgghh!!!

Any ideas for starting me off, a beginning to a sentance usually helps??????

I would be so very grateful to anyone for your advice

Thanks

Vicky :o

Any ideas for starting me off, a beginning to a sentance usually helps??????

I would be so very grateful to anyone for your advice

Thanks

Vicky :o

I'll help you if I can

Silly ? but have u included your sub headings in ur word count?

Sorry I am havin some really thick moments :-(

Vicky

Silly ? but have u included your sub headings in ur word count?

Sorry I am havin some really thick moments :-(

Vicky

No you're not - this course makes you doubt everything!

Are your words that tight that you need to consider the sub headings?

Are your words that tight that you need to consider the sub headings?

In a word YES!!!! Well my 1st 300 are!!!

Vicky

Oh no just been reading your posts i have just this second sent my tma for E230 and realised i did not put down my word count what a plonker

Oh no just been reading your posts i have just this second sent my tma for E230 and realised i did not put down my word count what a plonker

I wouldn't worry too much! Does E230 use the e-TMA system or do you send by post? If it's e-TMA the tutor can do a word count check and if you send by post they are pretty good at recognising TMA's that go over limit. My bet is that in you feedback you will receive a minor comment if anything at all.

I have just had my first TMA back for my latest course and got a comment about a reference! It was a minor reminder type comment and really I should know better as this is my second level 3 course!!

Has anyone started TMA2? I have watched video clip of boys playing with trucks and can't decide to use this as Language or KUW for well established knowledge, used maths for girl's playing with blocks.

Hi

It's a while since I did E230 but I used maths for the girls playing with blocks and I used science for the boys/cars.

I can't find the TMA guidance but I have looked at my TMA 2. I had three parts to the TMA, Part 1 had 'two incidents' ( I had Boy 1 crashing his car and Girl 1 and her understanding of size)

Part 2 also had two incidents and I had Boy 3 for developing knowledge in science and girl 3 for her developing knowledge in maths

Part 3

This was how I saw knowledge of language operating in one of my incidents and I used boy 1

AH! is it still a case of choosing two incidents that show established knowledge in either maths, language or science and then two incidents of developing knowledge?? That kind of rings a bell and would tie in with the TMA I have here!!

Does the guidance specifically ask for knowledge of language in part 3?

I seem to recall trying to get language, maths and science all in the TMA overall if you see what i mean.

I would go for whichever you find easier but I did about the crashing car he showed knowledge that a car moves and makes a noise and that when it breaks down it needs to go to the garage on 'the lorry' and the child's understanding of 'forces' at one point he is pushing one vehicle with one hand and pulling another with the other hand.

sorry if this is garbled!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)