Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Woolworths!

Cait

Well that's because I was trawling through past minibeasts topics and clicked on a link there and it came up as a side banner and I was so excited that I had to share it STRAIGHT AWAY!!!! :o

just noticed any reason for being under minibeasts?

Probably just to keep you on your toes, Inge! There are clearly no flies on you though! xD

Sorry - that's the Wonder of Woolworths... just that its a bit moth-eaten at the moment. Although of course now its web-based they'll be beetling about looking for more customers.

How many more insect-based puns can we think of? :o

Maz

Surely though - if it's web-based they should be 'spidering about'?

Can you 'spider' about though? Or am I just being a nit-picker again? You know what I'm like when I get a bee in my bonnet. Actually MrsWeasley tried to slip a ladbybird in my bonnet too - but I spider!

Maz

It's only the name that is coming back not the store. It is actually ShopDirectHomeShopping ( Littlewoods/Kays/GreatUniversal etc.) none of the 27000 staff who lost their jobs will benefit and oddly enough Shop Direct made 1150 of their staff redundant last month.

Such a shame I had my first job in Woolies when I was 15, back in the days when you served behind counters. I was on the Paint first then moved to sweets and biscuits. remember serving a 1/4 of sweets!!!!!!! and a pound of broken biscuits. OH the good old days. Bought my first dress with my first wage packet in the Market and my Dad wouldn't let me wear it because it was to short (just covered my bum!!!) he thought it should have trousers underneath it and that it was a tunic to a trouser suit!!! I used to get £15 for the day 8.30 til 5pm!!!!

Oh!!!! the memories.

Shame I didn't use the shop much these days

Steph

My first Saturday job paid 25p an hour and for 8 hours I received £2. I later worked in Green shield stamps where the pay was somewhat better, £4.00 something for the same hours and that was marginally less than my friends received at M&S. Cant believe we missed out by not going to Woolworths!