Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Psrn Ideas

Hi all

I am feeling like I am not challenging my class in terms of PSRN. I don't know, maybe I am but just beat myself up too much like we all do. I know that there is a big emphasis on challenging chidlren in terms of problem solving and just wondered if anyone had come accross any good idea books?

I have a number area with a PS activity every day like 'How many pairs of gloves?', the chidlren have to find out and write their answer on a score board. Just running low on ideas and a book would be great.

Thanks

Hi Rufus. I would have a think about your whole environment in terms of what you provide for PSRN, and then think about ways you might extend this through resources you can add, or how the adults support through interactions, questioning etc.

In this vein, I would highly recommend 'thinking and learning about mathematics in the early years' by Linda Pound.

I would also suggest you take a look at the two excellent articles here by Elizabeth Carruthers (here) and Maulfry Worthington (here)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)