Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

All About Me Form

Hi folks hope you're enjoying the snow!

I volunteered myself to update/recreate a suitable 'All about me' form for when a child starts at our setting as both the leader and myself felt our previous was out of touch and didn't really show parents what we truely valued so having done a little research asking leader what she suggests and via here and other examples on a range of websites I have come up with a rough draft and wondering if you lovelies could have a look at it and let me know what you think? Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated

We wanted to move away from 'I can do this, this and this' with parents ticking boxes to say they can hold a pencil etc and keep the form very simple but still useful for KP

Bex

Sorry if I'm posting this in the wrong place by the way :o

All_about_me.docx

Might help if I actually attached the darn thing :o

I had to edit cuz left word possibly identifying my setting sorry, I will get used to this site soon!

Edited by ExtraordinaryChicken

Thanks for sharing bex, I used to add on mine in the parent section the questions, why did you choose our preschool? and what do you expect your child to learn / gain from attending our preschool.

Peggy

Your document won't open for me, ExtraordinaryChicken!

I'm also very impressed with the Southampton document and have used it as a starting point.

I think that looks great. I like your opening statement.

A few suggestions - I would add to the parents bit as otherwise the focus seems on reward and discipline.

I would also like to know about any settings children will attend alongside yours (not just previous ones)

I use Peggy's idea of asking parents what they would like their children to gain out of being in the setting

Your document won't open for me, ExtraordinaryChicken!

I'm also very impressed with the Southampton document and have used it as a starting point.

i work with the southampton document and must say it is a fantastic starting point for all the children. we get to know lots about the family as well asa the child, also goes into the family - pets,favourite toys games or activities important events/ celebrations in family life. childs physical dev health and habits moods and feelings sensitivities. speech and language and whether new to english etc language spoken at home. playing and learning - favourite games activities (not tv) songs stories attneding paretn toddlers. awareness of danger/safety and general information.

we then chat to the parent and share book with them which is a good starting point to build a relationship with the parents,

Thanks for all ur suggestions, I have added Peggy and dcn's ideas onto parent section. I love the southampton learning story, it is wonderfully detailed but for our setting we wanted something much more simpler as a starting point- so don't scare parents away as we do try and get them quite involved once they're lured in lol. I will show leader tomorrow as we're doing second day on sef (which strangely we have quite enjoyed so far! :o lol) and let you know what she thinks. Thanks again, I haven't stopped talking about this forum since i joined-sure leader is sick of hearing about it lol xD

I keep getting a page of strange symbols when I try to open Extraordinary Chicken's document, does anyone know what I need to do to read it? Thanks. My laptop opened Cait's ok.

I keep getting a page of strange symbols when I try to open Extraordinary Chicken's document, does anyone know what I need to do to read it? Thanks. My laptop opened Cait's ok.

That's because it's a .docx file. Word 2007, so if your're not using that, you can't open it

I re-saved it as word 2000, a .doc file

Spmeone (so sorry cannot remember who or when) poste a lovly 'all about me' doc. It had pictures of children (clipart) playging along the top. Anyway, I loved it for its simplicity and have 'stolen' it amended slightly and am planning to add it to our registration forms for new parents. So thank you whoever you were. Sorry cant find the post now and dont have the doc on this laptop

Yes I have that one on my computer and did use it when considering my questions, thank you for suggestion, it is lovely and very simple. Think I will add a little more to the family section- important event and celebrations could prove useful talking point and gives more insight into family life rather than just 'theres me, mum, dad, brother and dog'

We were closed again today so haven't had chance to show leader yet, will attempt to tomorrow but prob won't get chance as Weds are usually manic :o

• 4 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)