Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Car Seats

Hello, more queries I'm afraid

I've a bit of a car seat dilemma. For 2 days a week I look after a 1yr old (premature so only just about to grow out of a baby seat, 2yr old and a 2 and a half year old (also very small for his age). The youngest will need to move upto a three point harness seat but I can't fit three in the back of my car. I've got an airbag in the front. It's a 7 seater car but I'm not sure if it's safe to have three point harness seats in the boot? Anybody had a similar situation or who I could phone for advice?

I can fit 2 harness seats and a booster seat (with a back) in the middle of the car but none of them would be big enough weight wise to use the booster seat.

Many thanks

Oh goodness! I'm afraid I can't help you there, we just had a chunk of polystyrene covered in fabric as a booster when my daughter was little, and then when my son was too big for his car seat he used that and she sat on a cushion so she could see out!

The new car seats do seem very big, and we'd struggle to get two in our car I think

I have a 7 seater Vauxhall Zafira, and always put the two 5 point harness seats in the very back seats.

If I didnt I would have to take them out and then put them back in again to access the seats at the back, which would be very difficult and dangerous for the children hanging around waiting to get in the car.

The booster seats and rear facing seats go in the middle section. If you push the front seat as far back as possible it can be used by the oldest child if no other seat is available. I read this on a car safety website. Luckily, I rarely need to do this, and if I do then I put my own son there.

West Brom 44

I have a 7 seater Vauxhall Zafira, and always put the two 5 point harness seats in the very back seats.

If I didnt I would have to take them out and then put them back in again to access the seats at the back, which would be very difficult and dangerous for the children hanging around waiting to get in the car.

The booster seats and rear facing seats go in the middle section. If you push the front seat as far back as possible it can be used by the oldest child if no other seat is available. I read this on a car safety website. Luckily, I rarely need to do this, and if I do then I put my own son there.

West Brom 44

I've got a vauxhall zafira too - for some reason I thought I shouldn't have the 3point harness seats in the boot bit - one is an isofix so I coudn't put that one in the boot. Do you know which car safety website you used?

I've had a quick search around and can't find anything that specifically mentions this. I did find this site. Perhaps you could submit a question to their experts and see if you get a reply! :o

thanks Beau

have asked the question and will wait and see if I get an answer xD

I've got a vauxhall zafira too - for some reason I thought I shouldn't have the 3point harness seats in the boot bit - one is an isofix so I coudn't put that one in the boot. Do you know which car safety website you used?

It was www.thinkroadsafety.gov.uk

I dont think it mentions the very rear seats, but certainly mentions the airbag.

I assume it is safe to put the 5 point harness seats in the rear, cant understand why not.

dcn, You made me smile when you referred to the two back seats as in the boot.

My boot is at the very back of the car, where I put a pushchair.

I know what you mean though.

Hi i have a Zafira too and have used mine in the very rear seats. Most car seat companys have a web site to let you know what seats the car seat you have fits. Mine is a britax seat so their link is below

http://www.britax.co.uk/index.php

They say for the seat i have its fine in the very back as long as its used forward facing.

Hi i have a Zafira too and have used mine in the very rear seats. Most car seat companys have a web site to let you know what seats the car seat you have fits. Mine is a britax seat so their link is below

http://www.britax.co.uk/index.php

They say for the seat i have its fine in the very back as long as its used forward facing.

It seems that a Zafira is popular, for obvious reasons.

I must admit I love my car.

Thank you for that information. It is really useful to know. I learn something new every day!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)