Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Where to get small milk cartons?

Hi all!! Can i ask where you get your milk from. Im thinking about those little cartons but where do i get them form?? What about delivery?? How does it stay cold ect. HELP PLEASE

Regards

KAT

Hi all!! Can i ask where you get your milk from. Im thinking about those little cartons but where do i get them form?? What about delivery?? How does it stay cold ect. HELP PLEASE

Regards

KAT

Hi Kat,

I'm going to move this into it's own topic to save confusion. :o

I registered with a company called cool milk and it is delivered free directly to the setting twice a week - we keep it in the fridge and the children love it. We offer it at snack time and also to drink while having a story at the end of the session.

Hi we get ours delivered 3 times a week ( enough for the whole week split into 3 deliveries so we have enough fridge space for fruit and other things too) . dairy Crest deliver it - try contacting their head office in your area - its a third of a pint size you need to ask about - good luck

Kirby and West delivery ours daily to the setting, which is in a church hall.

We keep it in the fridge.

If you don't have a fridge you could use a cool box.

We had trouble finding out how to get these cartons when our previous milkman gave up his round. In the end I had a chat with the local primary school head who I knew got it for school and he directed me to the person at the council who dealt with the orders for the schools. From there I was able to get the details of a local milkman who would bring us milk in the cartons. However we have now gone onto pints of milk poured into jugs as we found more and more children were spilling most of their milk by squeezing the cartons until it fountained out! A lot was also wasted so this way we can give extra to the children who finish up and ask for more and it saves us throwing away lots and lots.

• 2 weeks later...
We do too Cait. I just went on the link above and our LA isn't part of the scheme. :o It would be nice not to have to wait to claim the money back!!

It certainly would! Yet another example of the uneven playing field we work in!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)