Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Unset Jelly - Help!

Just had a text from a friend who has made 15 packets of jelly up to use as a crocodile swamp next week and they haven't set!!

As they are needed for tomorrow, I wondered if anyone else had had this happen and if it is a case of bin them and start again or can they be rescued?

We had jelly for our dinosaur swamp that didn't set...... we thought maybe it was because it was "value" jelly at 9p a packet!

Maybe huge quantities just don't set as you might expect a bowl to!

Sorry, not helpful but just saying it happened to us too.

However the children did enjoy it as although not set, it wasn't just a watery substance!

It smelt good too.

Way sticky though...................... :o

Yes, it could be the depth. Whenever I am doing 3 packets or more I reduce the quantity of water considerably. With as many as 15 packets i'd be tempted to go with water for only 11 or 12 - after all, you can always add more water if it sets harder than you want, and re-set it

Thanks for all your tips and advice - much appreciated. I knew that I could rely on FSF for help - Google had nothing!

Many thanks once again

:o

try the geletine it may work - i always make jelly up with less water though than it states. :o

So is the answer to go and add some more jelly - crystals rather than the cubes perhaps?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)