Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sharp Scissors

Hello, can anyone recommend suitable scissors for Reception and Year 1 children to cut material with? The usual classroom scissors do not cut fabric which is very frustrating for the children so we are on the look out for some blunt ended but sharp scissors for them to use. Any ideas please?

New scissors from Galt etc. will be plenty sharp enough. As JacquieL says, scissors blunt very quickly when you use them to cut paper and card - a hairdresser in a previous existence, I can say that our scissors were only used to cut hair as anything else would blunt them quickly. Even if we had some knitting on the go in the staff room - and we usually did - we didn't even use the scissors to cut wool. Keep fabric scissors separate for a while till they start to blunt, then they can be paper scissors.

Fiskars is the make I would recommend by far and I totally agree with everyone else who says keep them separate from paper scissors and glue!!

Fiskars childrens scissors are far superior to any others I have ever bought and Ive found with those they can be multi purpose without any ill effect.

I bought 12 new pairs of adult scissors in September, went to get some today and they have all gone?! :o

My staff can make lots of things vanish. Watch out Paul Daniels!!!!! xD

I know we both work in Essex- but now I'm thinking we must both work in the same place!!!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)