Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Unit 345/346

Hi there all!!!

Am new to posting topics so here goes!!! Can anyone help me - I am an nvq assessor - new to the job and training as I go along. Have found this site really useful so far so fingers crossed someone can help me!! I have learners who work as learning support assistants in a special needs school - so they do not plan, implement or evaluate activities as they work under the direction of a teacher! I need to observe them observing a child, and putting together short, medium and long term plans. Has anyone got any suggestions that I can use to enable me to observe them and also any formats of obs sheets that they could use? The setting caters for children 11 - 19 yrs so the normal everyday plans that nurseries or private day care settings use aren't apropriate. Also they have chosen 345/346 units as their optionals as these are aplicable to them as they support literacy and numeracy - again any ideas on what evidence they can write about to submit as canditate/witness statements. Each unit has to have at least three different types of evidence to make sure competence and knowledge is there!!

Please help me with this - I have every faith in SOMEONE being able to give me some guidance!!

Thank you in advance :o

And i'm sure someone can. I'm also an Assessor, but early years. In my experience I would suggest that they make plans as if they could implement them. What they feel would be the logical next step. They should have access to some relevant planning formats where they work. It's hard to advise as their situation is so much outside my experience, but I'm sure there'll be someone who will be able to help

I'm also an Assessor, but early years.

I didn't know that Cait! Is your qualification the new one or the old one? I keep thinking about assessing but never seemed to find time to fit it in with everything else!

Welcome to the forum, rubie. Congratulations on making your first post - here's to many more!

Maz

And i'm sure someone can. I'm also an Assessor, but early years. In my experience I would suggest that they make plans as if they could implement them. What they feel would be the logical next step. They should have access to some relevant planning formats where they work. It's hard to advise as their situation is so much outside my experience, but I'm sure there'll be someone who will be able to help

Thank you so much for that. At least I have a starting point to be going on with. I assess all over in nurseries, playgroups, after school clubs and schools but i must say this setting is proving to be quite a challenge - not only with what evidence to use but also just to get into the classrooms to carry out an observation is a task in itself, what with clearing it with head and individual class teachers not to mention when there are supply teachers there. They really do not like any interuptions! Oh well, heres to no doubt lots more posts! Thanks again :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)