Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Interview Questions

I have been asked to sit on a panel to interview a new manager.The last one they chose was a disaster and had no idea of the Foundation Stage,planning ,observations etc and left after five weeks!The committee have the usual set ogf questions,what 2 questions should i ask that could tell that she had some knowledge of above? I thought one name what subjects come under the areas of learning?Help need your advice!Thanks.

Hi Oldtimer, when we were interviewing earlier this year somebody told me a good question would be ' Describe your favourite activity, explain the learning you would expect to take place from it and describe any extention activities' I did'nt have to ask it though because we took someone on with no training, so not sure how it would work. Good luck :D

In addtion to a question relating to specific knowledge of the FS I would try and think of one that gives some sort of overall indication of her knowledge, level of enthusiasm, ability to work as part of a team etc.

HOw about "How would you define 'effective early years practice?" Hopefully the answer will cover a host of issues giving you a good idea of whether you feel she will be suitable.

:( I can't really claim to have thought of the question myself!! It's just that for my recent uni assignment I had to write about "Effective practice' I know what I think it is but I actually found it quite difficult to get in everything I thought was relevant :o and at the same time provide a sort of nice neat answer! xD

I sometimes ask what their favourite children's book is, why and what props they can use, not exactly linked to FS but it is a starting point to find out how much knowledge they do actually have working with children. :)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)