Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Help - Light Sabers

Before the Christmas holidays a few of the boys were bringing light sabers into school, and singing the star Wars theme music, a lot xD

I'd hoped they'd got over it and had something different from Santa, but no, even more have had them, so I'm thinking this would be an ideal time to follow the childrens interests.

The only thing is I'm really struggling with ideas, so I would be really grateful if anyone has any suggestions :o

Many thanks,

jackie.

Well you could use this idea and adapt using items such as lego and channel their ideas into making very simple movies using ICT, like they did with Star Wars and Wall-e . Try http://www.kudlian.net/products/icananimate/

You need a camera, preferably a tripod, and can set up scenes and take pictures. This program will then animate them for you. You do have to buy it but it isn't expensive considering what it does.

Wasn't your grandson, by any chance??

I didn't think of that Sue! I loved Rosie's birthday card on CBeebies! How lovely to have it recorded for posterity and uploaded on the internet for the whole family to share!

Maz

Goodness me you have been busy looking around youtube.

I think what is in the video is very possible to do, certainly in schools where they will have that type of equipment, as ICT is taught throughout the school. There is much more money available to them for that reason. It just needs a laptop and a camera and of course the program. Maff teaches ICT and does INSET with Primary showing them the possibilities. I have seen some really wonderful stuff done by Nursery and Reception children. Imagine how this must motivate the boys as it is fun! For Y1/2 making storyboards etc. is a wonderful way to get them drawing and writing.

Try http://www.kudlian.net/products/icananimate/

You need a camera, preferably a tripod, and can set up scenes and take pictures. This program will then animate them for you. You do have to buy it but it isn't expensive considering what it does.

I did have a look on the site - but none of the links were working for me? and it looked like lots of the text was missing? Is is designed for young children to use?

It's not amazingly expensive, but if you can't afford to buy it there's anyways Windows Movie Maker which comes with every windows computer! It's probably a bit tricky to use, but with an adults help it should be fine!

Just a thought - if you don't have a tripod you could use a wall. Either a blank wall, or you could tape some plain wall paper, onto the wall? And put your camera on a table? And then use pieces of coloured paper and blue tac to move them around.

But tripods aren't expensive - when I was doing my photography as level, my friend bought one from asda for about a tenner!

Is anyone planning on doing this? I'm just thinking it would be great to do for my ICT module for my nvq? But might be biting off more than I can chew! :o

Movie maker seem to be a video editing program. Icananimate is an animation program which takes single frame photos from a simple digital camera, and puts them together to make an animated film. It is simple for young children as they can use a cheap digital point and press camera, download the shots, press play and off it goes.

The Icananimate site in the link is an advertisement for the program and isn't intended for children.

Hang on, I just re-read my post and realised the first bit could be taken too ways!

Are you saying the site isn't intended for children, or the program isn't?

The program is for all ages but simple for children to use. The 'site' is for people to read about the program giving info including costs for schools.

"Designed for all ages the, award winning, I Can Animate lets you create stunning movies using a variety of animation techniques.

Work with different video layers so that you can create an animation from video captured from a camera, pictures you have drawn yourself or both together."

Frankly I have no idea what you're talking about - far too technical for me!

The only thing I'd be able to do with light sabres is make one from a rolled up newspaper... :o

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)