Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Anyone Else Start A New Diet?

Received this in an email from a friend and thought you might all appreciate it! :o

Twas the month after Christmas,

and all through the house,

Nothing would fit me,

not even a blouse.

The cookies I'd nibbled,

the chocolate I'd taste

At the holiday parties

had gone to my waist.

When I got on the scales

there arose such a number!

When I walked to the store

(less a walk than a lumber),

I'd remember the marvellous meals I'd prepared;

The gravies and sauces and beef nicely rared,

The wine and the rum balls, the bread and the cheese

And the way I'd never said, "No thank you, please."

As I dressed myself in my husband's old shirt

And prepared once again to do battle with dirt...

I said to myself, as I only can,

"You can't spend a winter, disguised as a man!"

So, away with the last of the sour cream dip.

Get rid of the fruit cake, every cracker and chip.

Every last bit of food that I like must be banished

Till all the additional ounces have vanished.

I won't have a cookie, not even a lick.

I'll want only to chew on a long celery stick.

I won't have hot biscuits, or corn bread, or pie.

I'll munch on a carrot and quietly cry.

I'm hungry, I'm lonesome, and life is a bore...

But isn't that what January is for?

Unable to giggle, no longer a riot.

Happy New Year to all, and to all a good diet.

But my lovely trainer told me I had lovely form in yoga so I am well made up with that. xD

Is he called Sven? I'm imagining tall, blonde and muscular yet flexible... :(

But seriously though :o - I have more or less constant back pain and should really be doing some kind of 'core strength' exercises. I was wondering whether a Wii fit might help me exercise safely and in the privacy of my own home. Anyone use it for yoga/pilates?

Maz

Maz

I find the yoga section quite challenging though you can go at your own pace which is great. They also throw you links to the weight training section for extra impact.

I like the jogging too though I'm a little disappointed with the step, find it too slow but the funniest is watching other people doing the hula!!! :o

Well done Beau.

I love my Wii Fit although my scores aren't very high yet. Just can't seem to master the hula hoop. The balance activities are my favourite. My husband nearly collapsed with laughter when I had a failed take off in the ski jump and when I fell off the tight-rope. I also have a Rosemary Conley DVD but haven't used it for a while.

Oh fantastic you lucky girl. I am full of envy but I have been working for a while recently and I'm thinking of treating myself on the proceeds. Where did you order yours from?

I got mine from Play.com - once I managed to unblock my credit card and the order went through it arrived the next day. :o I haven't yet managed to spend too much time on it as all the family have been wanting to have a turn and we had visitors over the weekend too. However, the bits I have explored have been both fun and challenging in parts plus it's really easy to use. xD

It's a year since I used mine. I found the music very off-putting, although my sister loves it! so I put t on with the sound off and put mamma mia or something on the CD

I do a Rosemary Conley video tape a few times each week, but I am really bored with it now as I have been doing it off and on for a few years. It's good for leg muscles and as one of my legs has a metal plate in it :o it keeps the muscles strong. I have tried different music, but the trouble with that is the speed- some of these excercises look very strange speeded up if I pick the wrong CD xD

I got mine from Play.com -

I saw that offer Beau and thought it was a good one. It sounds like a very good delivery time as well. I was muttering about it yesterday, when my son came to replace my laptop's hardrive ( another story :o ), and he said something about them all thinking they'd club together for my birthday, so I better hang fire for a while.

Well done everyone....I am also following this post with interest...have put on a few pounds that don't seem to want to shift...must be my age? xD

Or is it the fact I can't stop eating!!

I am starting tomorrow and have done a plan for myself to loose a few pounds before my sister gets married at the end of this month...I only have about two weeks so I need all the support I can get. 7lbs would be great but I would be happy with anything - slinky dress to wear, always been a size 10 and have had to buy size 12 but think I could be a size 13!!!

Good luck everyone

May I suggest Prunes and lots of water, plus portion control. :o

Go on you know you can do it, just plan ahead for meals and keep on track.

Peggy

Thanks for the support everyone...you are really such a lovely bunch of peeps. I have been quite good but just succumbed to a creme egg :(:o:(

It's my only slip up so far and it was soooooo worth it.

No beer or wine for me either which I think will make a difference....I am thinking of you Peggy and seeing's as how you have had the choice taken away from you I am with you in spirit.... :( :wacko:

I will weigh on Friday this week and report back xD :lol:

I really hpe we can keep this thread ging as im finding it really inspirtional. its helping me keep on track checking in each day t see h everyone else has got on!!

I intended to put rosemary on when I got in from work, but it was snowing so I was frozen when I got in, so had to go and get changed, and then light the fire cos the house was cold, then I got stuck into work, so......

Maybe tomorrow eh?

:oxD:( :( I've lost 2.5 lbs this week!

Ok so we're into weight loss top trumps here. Anyone got an advance on 2.5 lbs?

Well done JacquieL!

Maz (who has probably put on yours and Beau's combined weight loss this week!) :(