Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Anyone Else Start A New Diet?

QUOTE (Cait @ Jan 9 2009, 18:47)

are roast parsnips bad then!

Depends on what the parsnips are roasted in!! If u use one of the those fry light sprays then they are fine!!

Am having a bad today, am 4 points over :o It is the first day of THAT week in the month so am hoping to go 4 points less tomorrow or a go on the exercise bike if I can get half an hour to myself!!

I cut them lengthwise and put them in a plastic bag with a couple of teaspoons of oil and a small squirt of honey and sometimes some sesame seeds. Give them a good shake to make sure they are covered and then chuck them on a baking tray in a hot oven for about 20 mins. YUM!!!

:o I love roast parsnips too!! Usually mash them with carrots and only have them roasted as a treat.

Managed to stick to my 16 points today, made some sugar free jelly so that helped this evening!!

Am gonna do a herby lemon chicken on my next night off (Tuesday) I seen it in weightwatchers food mag and it looks yum!!! Anything with lemon, chicken and garlic in it goes down well in our house!!

Tomorrow will be my hardest day. Am in tesco from 1 till 10pm. Will have 4 long rows of sweets calling to me. Thankfully the girl i'm on with is doing weightwatchers as well, so between the two of us we will either make it or break it!! xD

Getting weighed on Monday night so will see how i have done for my first week!!

Have to say that when I started this thread, I didnt imagine there would so many replies!

Who needs your class leaders direct line when you have the forum! :(

Keep going with the diet ladies, we're doing well!!

I have been really bad this week and lost the plot as points go. I seem to have been eating everything in sight. :o I am dreading tomorrow as we were all set the challenge of loosing 2lb this week, and I may have actually put that on. Still I WILL start tomorrow which is also my weigh in day. The lemon chicken sounds good I think I'll have a go at that. This week I won't buy any parsnips!.

Well having been good all week I got on the scales yesterday morning and was 3lbs lighter........went to friends last night and had lashings of vino, 3 course dinner and then chocolates whilst we played cards and according to the scales have put 2lbs on........in one night!

So being a good girl today, just eaten a healthy breakfast and am now off to peel lots of veg for tea, already put sugar free jelly in fridge for this evenings munchies to have with a vanilla low fat yoghurt, I pour it on and pretend it's cream.

Weigh in tomorrow night so got to be a really good girl for the next 48hrs :o

Have a good day my fellow dieters....in the words of Bob the builder.....YES WE CAN!!!!

Sue x

Sue you are so right, 'yes you can' all do it. It's all about finding the right healthy eating plan for you and not beating yourself up if you fall off from time to time.

I joined Slimming World for the first time in January last year and here I am 5 stone lighter!! I got to my target in 48 weeks.

If you love your food, don't like feeling hungry and feel that you run out of points too quickly (on WW) then give SW a go. Of the two I know which I prefer!!

From a rather skinny dress size 10/12 who used to wear size 20 :oxD

Ok ive been really good today but it is always this time of time that i struggle - i want to eat something naughty any tips on stopping the craving would be greatly appreciated!!!

I joined Slimming World for the first time in January last year and here I am 5 stone lighter!! I got to my target in 48 weeks.

If you love your food, don't like feeling hungry and feel that you run out of points too quickly (on WW) then give SW a go. Of the two I know which I prefer!!

From a rather skinny dress size 10/12 who used to wear size 20 :oxD

Wow! This the encouragement I need as I am joining SW this week and want to lose at least 4 stone.

Well done Annie. I hope I can do as well as you.

What a wonderful inspirational post Annie - you could become our diet guru! Well done on your terrific weight loss - you must feel a million dollars now. xD

As for me, a step in the right direction. I have lost 4lbs - I know alot of this isn't 'real' weight loss, as you don't lose fat initially, but any loss is good to give me a boost! :o

And my little gizmo has arrived so I will be logging my exercise this week and then endeavouring to do a little more each week.

Good luck to everyone else out there in diet mode - stick to it and we'll see how much weight we can all lose between us this year! :(

Hubby's birthday, so I've just finished making two chocolate coca cola cakes which will be sandwich together with galaxy chocolate and double cream 'icing'. I've sobbed as I put the chocolate laden spoon into the wash but I managed to resist temptation (only just) to lick the spoon! I'm going to wait till the children get home before I finish decorating it as they'll soon tell me of if chocolate falls into my mouth :o.

Karrie

Well I've put half a pound on. :o I did win the raffle tonight and now have a very nice cookbook so might try a few new recipes!

Does anyone have a Wii fit, and if so do you think it is possible to keep fit with one or would you say it is just a fun thing really?

there's always next week JacquieL, sorry don't have a Wii fit, but have lots of other exercise equipment gathering dust :o

My weigh in tomorrow, I'll let you know,

jackie.

well im very proud of myself today i was on a course and ew hadd a meal choice of curry rice and chips and sponge pudding and custard. i was very tempted but resisted and had a jacket potato with sald and fruit for pudding instead

Went to weightwatchers tonight and have lost 2lb!!! Someone told me that it didnt seem a lot for the first week and it kinda took the wind out of my sails but then I thought I only want to loose stone and a half and will be quite happy chipping away at it at 1 or 2lb a week. 2lb is still 2lb and its still weight loss!

Am treating myself to a peanut KitKat Chunky!! lol It tastes good, but thats it, no more chocolate until next Monday, unless anybody knows of any chocolate that has 0 points in it!!!

Beau ur 4lb weight loss was still weight loss, no matter what or where it came from, well done!!

JacquieL its only half a pound, it could have been worse!!! dont let it put u off!! Just start again and think positive!

Will let u know how my lemon chicken thingy goes and if its worth cooking!!