Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Anyone Else Start A New Diet?

Hi all

I rejoined weightwatchers tonight! I hadn't been for over years, but in the past year I have managed to put a stone and half on again and cannot afford to buy a whole new wardrobe, so weightwatchers was the only option as I cant afford plastic surgery or liposuction!! :o

Just wondering if anyone else joined any slimming groups or if anybody is trying to go it alone??

Was thinking maybe we could support and help one another when the munchies set in, seeing as everyone on the forum supports and helps each other at other at every other time!

I went to Weightwatchers yesterday as well. I have been going since October and lost 12lb but put 2lb back on over Christmas. Actually I was pleased with that as I ate and drank what I wanted over Xmas and New Year. I pay for the monthly pass which gives access to the e-source website, and that is very good with lots of ideas for food. it also helps with weight tracking. Best of luck to us all in this New Year :o

Hi all

I rejoined weightwatchers tonight! I hadn't been for over years, but in the past year I have managed to put a stone and half on again and cannot afford to buy a whole new wardrobe, so weightwatchers was the only option as I cant afford plastic surgery or liposuction!! :o

Just wondering if anyone else joined any slimming groups or if anybody is trying to go it alone??

Was thinking maybe we could support and help one another when the munchies set in, seeing as everyone on the forum supports and helps each other at other at every other time!

Hello!

Yep I'm with you. I'm at slimmimg world but can't afford to go every week! so I decided to weigh myself for 20p a week instead. I'm aiming to lose 12 pounds! giving myself til easter hols.

Natt

Hi

I attended my first Weight Watchers meeting last night, did WW about 4 years ago, circumstances changed and couldn't get to that group so didn't go........gained the weight again and then couldn't face counting points again so did slimming world for about a year and lost the 2 stone I had put on again..........then we got a new leader and I didn't like her so left and put my 2 stone back on plus a bit more for good measure.............so back last night and trying to do WW again :o

Have had my porridge this morning and have a box full of celery, carrot and red peppers sticks.......ooooh how exciting I hear you cry.........and will do my best to persevere.

I think it would be great to encourage each other on here, goodness knows I need some encouragement!!!

Look forward to hearing how you all do

Sue x

Ho ho!

Well, I used to struggle dreadfully with my weight, then had 2 children and it all just disappeared xD

However, MANY years later and 8 weeks spent sitting in a plaster cast, I fear the time has come again! :o

I wouldn't mind, but I had the driest, least-eating Christmas and New Year in history (long story!), so I feel really hard done-to. I am waiting till plaster comes off (Thursday!! WooHoo!) to weigh myself and see the damage (can't have any extraneous weight :( ) - I have my pre-op weight as a bench mark. Why do they always insist on shouting your weight to the rest of the ward/world when they do that????

Sue :(

I have put on a few pounds over Christmas and that coupled with the few pounds I already put on after finishing work has made all my clothes shrink. :( I have used some of my Tesco clubcard vouchers to join their online diet club. We are also going to try not to drink any alcohol until Rich's birthday which is 5th Feb. The last time I went that long without drink I was pregnant! :o I am also determined to do more exercise. I have been diligently cycling 66kms on the exercise bike every week since September but that all went to pot over Christmas. I am going to resume that, go on longer walks with the dog and try to be generally more active. xD

I do hope it works. At least at the moment I can hide the extra rolls under thick jumpers but want to make sure they are gone by the time we get some warmer weather. :( Good luck to everyone else who has a bit to lose too. :(

I started WW on line in April and have lost 2 stone. I have put a few pounds back on over Christmas but I did eat and drink for England! So I am back on the points plan again with a vengeance-I want to lose what I gained and a couple of more pounds, so about half a stone altogether.

Gavin, my husband, has decided we are having an alcohol free month! So I think Beau and I will be supporting each other with that as well!

Linda

At school I run a fat class (thats what we call it).

Everybody who wants to join puts a pound in the pot I then weigh them (confidential of course) every tues morning.

Every half term who ever has lost the biggest percentage of weight gets the money in the pot.It is usually about £50 which is a good incentive ,although I have never won,Im aiming to change that this year though.

Ive got my cruise in August so I have to be slim well slimmer :o

I too have started a new diet. Not WW or Slimming World or anything: I've devised my own.

Its what I call "try to eat every type of chocolate available in 2009" diet and I have no doubt that I will be very successful!

Chocs away! xD

Maz

(or as I was known in my childhood "Marathon" because Marion sounds vaguely like Marathon apparently). :o

Well I have lots of chocolates left over in my house. Rich was overzealous when I sent him to the supermarket and bought massive tins of celebrations, heroes, quality street and roses instead of just sticking to smaller boxes. And the ones with nuts in keep calling to me. :o

Well I have lots of chocolates left over in my house. Rich was overzealous when I sent him to the supermarket and bought massive tins of celebrations, heroes, quality street and roses instead of just sticking to smaller boxes. And the ones with nuts in keep calling to me. :o

You could always donate them to me or failing that, as you seem to have eaten all my favourites, a forum raffle. Maz will probably buy all the tickets though!

Now then we could always have a chocolate naming competition? Names could be apt according to shape, flavour, etc. and our really creative membership will come up with some wonderful and very clever ideas!

I started slimming world the end of October and before christmas I'd managed to loose 12lbs, but because we meet on a Wednesday night there hasn't been a meeting for two weeks so I'm dreading tomorrow :o

Still, I've had a good Christmas, eaten loads and sent all the nice things back with my girls to uni. xD

Back to the 'healthy eating plan' tomorrow

jackie.

Maz will probably buy all the tickets though!

Maz will be in charge of selling the raffle tickets. Its just that sales might be incredibly slow... :o

Am loving the idea of a chocolate naming competition! xD

Celery eh sue? even on a diet I wouldnt eat celery!!!!

Did try some 0 point butternut squash chips this evening, as recommended by the new weightwatchers discovery plan. They tasted ok, but not like chocolate xD

Am now sitting chewing gum, and fighting the temptation to go into the kitchen. I do have 1.5 points left but I want t save them for the weekend!!!!

Am thinking that I need to get some sugar free jelly for these moments!!!!!

Its worse than craving a ciggie!!! :o

Hi all

Nope, no diet for me, just back to normal exercise after a fortnight riding a laptop! It will hopefully all drop off again!

Celery eh sue? even on a diet I wouldnt eat celery!!!!

Did try some 0 point butternut squash chips this evening, as recommended by the new weightwatchers discovery plan. They tasted ok, but not like chocolate xD

Have to agree with you about the celery yuk!!!!

I made 'roast' potaoes, parsnips, sweet potatoes, butternut squash, courgettes, mushrooms, baby corn, cherry tomatoes and red onions using that Lite spray stuff, and they were delicious. I always have a house full of chocolates as hubby can't live without them, but I only crave chocs when there's none to be had :o.

Karrie

Can't we have something to do with celery sticks my new favourite food :(

Must go away and try and think of a different competition........ :(xD:(

Sue

How about, the longest piece of celery string to get stuck in the teeth?

Or is that too disgusting? :o

Beau, there are times you will try anything when you are on a diet! lol

I went into chat to overcome the munchies feeling that I have and there is nobody there, even though the list at the bottom says so!! :o

Now I have to try to not eat!!

I went into chat to overcome the munchies feeling that I have and there is nobody there, even though the list at the bottom says so!! xD

I was there mummyspud: but I was busily eating a yum yum... :o

A friend and I are joining Slimming World next week. She wants to lose weight before a cruise, and I just want to lose weight - preferably about four stones.