Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Traing Updates?

An agency worker told me today that a manager she knows has said if our qualifictations are before 2000, we need to update them.

I know how messages can get mixed so I wondered if anyone had heard this form anywhere or has a link to anything official. A couple of people were a bit scared by the idea. Me included! :o

And here where you can put in the details of your qualification and see if its still valid.

It will either tell you that your qualification is valid or will signpost you to further training/qualifications that are needed to update.

Good luck - let us know what you find out!

Maz

Thanks both. :o

I'm still valid but my recommended CPD are; Communication with Children, Professional and practice knowledge and skills development, Understanding of the need to keep up to date, Develop & consider practice.

Something to think about at least.

oh before you all become paranoid , spare a thought for me. I qualified as an NNEB in 1958. I followed the checking procedure and cannot be placed, so ?????? But I am still working , and I take every opportunity to go on various courses . I am also greatful that I still enjoy the work do and as I am preparing a timeline for this year I take it that i will hopefully still be working in 12 months time.

Happy New Year to everyony E

You are obviously a prime example of why this old chestnut is basically meaningless. Someone who qualified 3 years ago, thus virtually up to date could be (and probably is) less understanding and competent than a really experienced practitioner. It's all down to individuals, passion and commitment to the profession.

This isn't the first time this has cropped up here (try a search) and I'm sure it won't be the last.

I really wouldn't panic, anyone, just make sure you are accessing ongoing training.

Sue :o

Hi,

I would look at the new qualifications site via CWDC. Wouldn't worry too much; there is normally an issue around 'old' qualifications if you have come out of the sector and are trying to come back in. If you have updated yourself and kept your qualifications up to date they will still be recognised.

Hope this helps,

Jules xxxxxxxxxxxxxxx

To throw a spanner in the works, don't forget the statutory requirement to have the right number of staff (percentage terms) qualified to a certain level in addition to the manager/deputy being qualified to level 3. If the manager's level 3 qualification is no longer recognised by the CWDC as being full and relevant for those implementing the EYFS, then groups may be at risk of not meeting their statutory obligations under the EYFS. I know that this is a fairly drastic example, but someone in my position might easily fall into that category (only two level 3 qualified staff members in a team of six).

So it is important that setting leaders know exactly what the qualification profile of their group is and make an action plan to ensure that staff have an up todate, relevant qualification - perhaps by undertaking formal qualification training or by doing some underpinning knowledge training to supplement the original qualification. The message we've had from our early years advisers is that ignorance (of the fact that a qualification is no longer considered full and relevant) is no defence - and that Ofsted's view is that groups should have the right ratio of qualified staff in place now, and not be 'working towards'. :(

I haven't had an answer to my query about why the database doesn't recognise my degree and whether therefore I am technically recognised as being a Level 3 but I'll keep you posted on progress!

Maz

And Rea: your qualification might not be full and relevant but that doesn't mean you're not valid! xD:o

My foundation degree needed more training - what was the training? - a relevant level 3.... which you had to have before doing the FD anyway!!

I've asked my uni why my BAhons is not showing up - they said because the paperwork form the CWDC is so complicated no one wants to do it!!!! (but it will be sorted soon)

xxx

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)