Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sweetie Hamper

I found this idea on a craft forum. I have made 2 for my girls instead of selection boxes. I bought them a craft box each and filled with their favourite sweets.

a08537e8.jpg

Great idea, less recycle and they can use the box all year round. :( (to store all the good behaviour stickers they get from school xD )

Peggy

p.s. I'd fill mine with liquorice allsorts, pear drops, revels, sherbert saucers, black jacks and fruit salads. (showing my age now :o:( )

Well I must admit some of those I have put in their sweetie hampers are my favourites...you never know I might be able to pinch one or two and one or two did fall into my mouth when I was making them :o

Great idea, less recycle and they can use the box all year round. :( (to store all the good behaviour stickers they get from school xD )

Peggy

p.s. I'd fill mine with liquorice allsorts, pear drops, revels, sherbert saucers, black jacks and fruit salads. (showing my age now :o:( )

I loved black jacks, can you still get them? oh and sherbert that you used to buy by the ounce. Lovely!

What a lovely idea! I am gonna go out to the shops in a bit just to get things I need to do that and yes I shall be adding my favourite sweets to the box!! Thanks for such a nice idea .xx

This looks brilliant! I'm going to do it for Easter I think - lots of jelly beans and mini eggs! WOOOO!

Oooo good idea, be brill for easter. You could put those little tiny chicks in too. Far better than a hollow chocolate egg.

That's a lovely idea! Wish I'd got some littlies to do it for! Just have to remember it, in case I'm ever a grandma!

Sue

I've got loads of these boxes and have duly filled three for the children.Hubby looked a bit miffed so I've secretly filled one for his stocking! When it comes to sweeties my hubby will always be a 'littlie' :o

Karrie

Fabulous idea :o . My brother came back from a weekend in the Lakes recently with pressy of some 'sweet baccy' (something we used to buy every week when we were little and went to the Odean club - Saturday morning cinema.) He bought it from a old fashioned sweet shop - www.oldcornershop.co.uk if anyone's interested. The shops are in Keswick and Penrith. Did look on the site greenteaaddict, but couldn't find 'black jacks'.

There is a similar shop in a little scottish village called taynuilt. It is like going back 40 years. Big jars of sweets and a little old lady serving :o That is what sweet shops should be like.

Tesco's have in the sale a craft box half price at £4.Its was with the stationary etc. Got 2 (with reduced crackers and wrapping paper) to put away with the christmas decoration to remind me to do this next Christmas