Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Parent Friendly Areas Of Learning Information

Guest Wolfie

I need to put together six handouts, one for each area of learning, to give out to parents at an evening we're having about activities to promote the children's learning and development.

What I want to include is ideas for activities at home, "WOW" moments related to each of the areas, etc.etc.

Has anyone done anything similar that they would care to share or does anyone know of any fab websites to look at?? :o

Thanks for that Susan - yes, I've got those two resources and was thinking of using them to create my own...just wondered if anyone had already devise any formats for handouts that I could...well, erm.... nick really! :o

Sounds like a fantastic idea Wolfie - let us know how you get on - I would love to do something similar.

I don't have any experience of this to share, but how about starting with just 6 pieces of blank A3 sheets of paper and getting the parents (perhaps in groups) to think of ideas and then present them to others - with everyone adding their own ideas? You could then type these up afterwards and give them out to parents a few days later? Of course you would have to have lots of ideas youself incase they needed some prompting - or you could perhaps provide a single list of ideas for them to think about how different activities relate to different areas of learning.

Hey, that's great!

I'm doing a session for parents on numeracy, next term. It's planned, but I reckon I'll add that in at the beginning, to see where they are coming from - it might improve my handouts in future!

Sue

Thank you for your comments, it always helps to know what other people think. I have received so much information and resources that have been so helpful to me I am pleased this can be used by members as well. thank you for being such a great forum

killowengirl

• 3 weeks later...

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)