Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Risk Assessments

belle06

Hi All

I am looking for examples of the following risk assessments if anyone can help me I would be really gratefull

risk assessments poisonous hazardous plants

Boundaries and gates

Water hazards, for example ponds, drains and pools

Hazardous substances and equipment

Thanks

:o risk assessments turned out to be health and safety management I really should read my letters he touched assessing and managing risks but runs a dedicated risk assessment course which I will look to see if I am on when I go into work on Monday

so sorry Belle i'm still no help to you xD

We have ivy growing on an old wall and in the garden around our group. A previous Ofsted inspection flagged it up as a concern so I researched the problem ( it's the berries that are dangerous) so I have initiated that berries at low level will be removed; all children are taught not to pick anything from this area( our veg patch is in acompletely separate area) and childen are always under suoervision in this area. We have birds nests in the ivy and at least 1 wren that lives in it so didn't want to remove it. This is all documented and Ofsted were happy with this on next visit. It's all about managed risk. Nowhere is completely risk free!

korkycat

And no-where should be completely risk free, or else how are children meant to learn about managing risk for themselves?

Sssshhh!

The health and safety policy know everything - including where you live! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)