Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What Are You Doing For Christmas?

catma

This year we began Christmas early the end of November with our ususal pre christmas party - there are so many of us (I am one of 14) we had a get together before christmas - it began when our children were small , mine are now 18 upwards and so we have it for our grandkids and santa often visits.

I shall have my two grandchidren 6 and 4 will be staying on Christmas Eve so it will be magical - my grnaddaughter got a letter from father christmas recently and she went on and on how she couldnt beleive that santa had wrote her a lletter - it was so sweet. My son lives with me as he is divorced and this will be the first year that he will have them christmas eve since his divorce. We are going to have a Christmas breakfast with crackers etc as they have to go home for dinner. Chirstmas dinner will be for six , hubby, myself, three sons and one of their girlfriends. Boxing Day my Mum will come - my sisters turn to have her Chrismtas Day - she is 94 and my son and wife and other grandson will jon us for dinner.

I have no idea how to change my avaitor - wish I could have a Christmas one!

smiles

I love Christmas so much, and now we've fiished at preschool for Christma I can sart getting ready properly now! Not sure what we're doing Christmas day yet - one minute my sis and her family were coming, then they weren't, then they were! Whatever happens, it'll be fab. Both sets of in-laws are out of the country over Christmas, so it's all simple this year!

My avatar is meant to sparkle but it's not! lol

Beau, is that better?

Yes, I can see it now and it looks lovely! :o

There have been a few discussions about this in the past with people posting very good instructions of what to do. Do a forum search on 'avatar' and you should find them. :(

My avatar is meant to sparkle but it's not! lol

It could be that it is too big. You need to find one that is no bigger than 100x100 for it to be animated because the forum software rescales it otherwise but this obviously means that it loses its ability to move somehow! And that's as technical as you'll get from me! xD

smiles

Firstly find an avatar you wish to use. Save it onto your computer somewhere .

Click on My Controls at the top left hand corner of this page. When your page comes up scroll down the list on the left until you get to Edit Avatar Settings. Click on that. Firstly delete your old avatar, there is a button at the bottom to do that. (I keep my old one saved in a gif folder on my desktop, so that I can put it back and not loose it all together.) Then upload the avatar of your choice. Then click on update avatar button at the bottom and it should appear. If it doesn't try clicking on your computer's Refresh button to update you screen.

Best of luck.

It could be that it is too big. You need to find one that is no bigger than 100x100 for it to be animated because the forum software rescales it otherwise but this obviously means that it loses its ability to move somehow! And that's as technical as you'll get from me! :o

Thanks, I'll check the size!

Hi all

Your Christmas plans sound so wonderful!

We have lost love ones this year, my Gran and Grandad so my family decided we would do something different this year. We're off to a hotel.

There will be time for a long walk in the hills after dinner and then entertainment in the evening. There will be 6 of us my Mum, Stepdad, sister and her partner and Husband and me. We'll have a quiet boxing day playing games and then on the 27th my brother and his family will desend!

I find this time of year a little sad as we have no children but with IVF next year maybe this will all change! :o

I hope everyone has a wonderful Christmas

Fingers crossed for you annie.

Christmas here will be different, we never have 2 years the same and I try not to have any expectations or plans so that we dont get disappointed if something goes wrong. Just hoping to have some family time as both boys have been away at uni this term and it will be lovely to be at home together.

At the moment everything seems to be rushing up at a rapid speed and Im nowhere near sorted either at home or school!

I don't really know what is happening this year. It's my brother's turn to have Dad as he came to us last year. We hopefully will have Richard's Dad with us if he is well enough. He has Alzeimers and Parkinsons and is in a secure care home as he had a habit of trying to hitch hike to Bedford! We will ,at some point see my son and his family but really will be very quiet.

Mary

Until a few years ago we had my mum-in-law, who shared your father-in-law's afflictions - I know how difficult it can be, so wish you well x

Our Christmas will be a bit strange this year - I'm on crutches so our daughter is coming to cook! Her parents in law are joining us, as is mum, who is a wheelchair user. Dad normally cares for her, but he's having a major op on the 17th, so we'll be dashing about between various homes and hospital, I expect!

Then New Year should be quieter.

Sue

Have a great Christmas, all of you, whatever you're doing xx