Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Sef

Hi there

just wondering if anyone had any tips on where to start with SEF. I've logged on and had a look and then just switched off as it all felt a bit overwhelming. any suggestions would be gratefully received

Mine is still lurking in a drawer waiting for me to get round to it! :o perhaps over Christmas?

The advice I've been given (by the Network and those here who have completed theirs) is to tackle it on paper first, working step-by-step from the guidance notes. There's lots of cross referencing needed to avoid repeating youself in lots of sections.

There's also apparently no rush unless you hace Ofsted looming. In our area there's only one childminder who has completed the SEF to date!

I'm sure someone who has done their RCM SEF will come along and show us both the way......... (please! xD )

Nona

Have just started looking at mine and like you looked online and promptly switched it off.I have now printed off the sef and the guidance -be warned the sef is 29 pages and guidance 26 so you ll need lots of ink and paper.!!!!!!

I have though started working my way through ,checking the guidance and jotting down notes in each section .I also got my last inspection report out to look at to see what sort of things the inspector mentioned.

My aim is to get something in each section -even if it is just a squiggle or a few words -then in my mind ive gone through it and there are no hidden surprises !!!! ---hopefully from there go on and complete it on line in sections- eventually !! sometime! maybe !! :o:(xD

• 1 month later...

This is my first post so I hope it shows up!

My inspection was due in May 2008 and still no sign of OFSTED.

When I first attempted the form I didnt know where to start or what info to put where.

I have looked on the OFSTED website at the most recent childminders reports who have been inspected under the EYFS.

Reading these has given me an idea of what type of information to put in each section.

Hope this helps!

HHB14

This was bought up in the topic started by me called my ofsted inspection its on the top of page 2 if this helps. Not looked through it again but there may be some useful points in there. I followed the guidance i found it ok with this to hand. This is your chance to really sell yourself and tell them all the things you do etc that they cant possibly see in their little 2hr or so inspection. Plus saving you going blank as i do when put on the spot and then you kick yourself after they have gone. It also helps raise awareness to areas you could improve on. Good luck with it.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)