Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Staff Files

Hi

I've been asked my the pre-school manager to sort out the staff files as I'm their Chairperson.

Just wondered in light of the new EYFS what should or should not be kept in their individual staff file.

Thinks that come to mind are:

Training certs and a list of training accessed or ongoing training.

Their CRB cert (or does this break data protection)

Past references, CV

Any verbal or written warnings given.

Staff Contact and Emergency Details.

Health declaration.

Should there also be copies of their signatures when they've read updated policies.

Is there anything else that should be there or should now not be there.

Trying to help the Pre-school as we are due an inspection

You are correct about CRB certificates.. you should not have these on file.. but you should have the details of them with the certificate number recorded, cannot remember everything on ours but think it is

Full name of person, date of birth,number on application form, date of sending form, off date of return of CRB or letter , any comments, and employment decision and who took this decision.

You should not keep certificates these are property of person being checked, and no copies either.. any you do have should be destroyed correctly within 6 months of issue. This came from TMG who does our checks.

Other things you could include

we were told you should also include application form and interview notes alongside the references.

and that we should be checking ID and recording this also, much like for CRB .. record what was seen to verify ID and by whom, dated etc..

and we update our health declarations annually by getting staff to sign that there are no changes or declare any if there are.. as well as the emergency contact details.

Inge

I know you are not meant to keep a copy of the CRB, but then why do they send one to the person and one to the setting?

We only get a letter from the company telling us that the person has a CRB - we don't get an actual copy of the disclosure.

Maz

TMG offer a data protection policy example wich you may find useful Re: CRB's.

Also have included job description, regular supervision meeting minutes, annual appraisal minutes, staff observations PAYE / NI reference details, BACs details if used :o

TMG useful downloads HERE

Peggy

• 1 month later...
TMG offer a data protection policy example wich you may find useful Re: CRB's.

Also have included job description, regular supervision meeting minutes, annual appraisal minutes, staff observations PAYE / NI reference details, BACs details if used :o

TMG useful downloads HERE

Peggy

Thanks for this Peggy, bound to be something useful here that I can amend and use!

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...