Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Outdoor Equipment

Hi!

What does everyone have outside? I am helping to plan for more things for outside, we've got lots of space and not much in it! I'm thinking willow tunnels, and climbing frames, what else do people have for their outside space?

Sarah :)

Hi!

What does everyone have outside? I am helping to plan for more things for outside, we've got lots of space and not much in it! I'm thinking willow tunnels, and climbing frames, what else do people have for their outside space?

Sarah :)

we have a few old tyres that the children have great fun with. they use them with large wooden blocks to make obstacle courses, or just use them for stepping on, they also roll them across the playground.

We got rid of the climbing frame and now have more space for the children's ideas for play.

We have a tyre full of sand.

A couple of water trays, bricks drainpipe and guttering.

Large blackboard fixed to a wall

Large area covered with perspex for painting.

Crates!

We are about to get more storage for outside and mirrors!

Digging patch

Vegelable patch

willow wigwam

Weaving frame

shelves with various items the childern can access themselves ie mark making, investigating, balls, games

wooden beams

magnifying pole

crates

tryes

cooden building blocks

reading area

stepping stones

tables

Great! Thanks guys heaps xxx

Sounds like you have lots of good ideas there to help you develop your outdoor space: I'm deeply envious of you! Would love to see some 'before' and 'after' photos if possible!

Maz

We've got some money to equip our outside area - which is actually a rectangle of tarmac which is approx 6m by 20m (rough guess!). We are having a canopy over part of it - probaby 6m square. I have to think what we want. At the moment it's only fit for riding wheeled vehicles, but management have suggested using uncovered bit for this and not having all the bikes out - at present only half the class can go out on bikes anyway as there's not enough equipment or space. Also want to make sure sand water outside isn;t just replicating what's going on inside - it should be a different experience. We have a small courtyard which we have used for outdoor play - with larger water tray and guttering, and a digging area etc. Only problem is it's not directly accessible from the classroom so can't really be used for free flow. I know I'd like a wooden table/benches so there's somewhere to sit/work/draw, but I'm not sure what else to go for. Ideally I'd go for some sort of balancing equipment which could be in the uncovered part, but would need to be fitted and then take even more space from bikes. Also possibly bigger sand pit at floor level - but not sure we could justify the space taken.

Any help or ideas from anyone who's done something with a small space or seen anything would be most welcome!

Thanks Harricroft

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)