Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Christmas Around The World

HI !! i'm new to this site and was just wondering if anyone can help. I need some help with christmas around the world for a reception class or any geography links to christmas. thankyou. Any help would be most appreciated.

Hello and welcome to the Forum minnie1.

I have moved this into our Christmas activities forum. If you click on the word Christmas above you will find lots of posts about Christmas activities which may help. I'm sure a lot of members will be along soon to make suggestions as well.

Sinter Klass is a nice one to do.

We have done it for the past two years as I have had Dutch children in the class. The parent came in and talked about the traditions, dressed children up, showed them video from the Dutch website and then we did the traditional sweets in shoes- which she organised for us- with real Dutch treats.

• 4 weeks later...

www.woodlands-junior.kent.sch.uk

have a great section on christmas traditions around the world. I like the Italian witch story - she comes in January. I have 2 Italian children this year. I will be asking my class (letter to parents) to share photos and talk about what they do at Christmas, as otherwise they get a very British perspective (roast turkey, christmas pudding, mince pies) that sort of thing! :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)