Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Free Activity Period

Inge

Have always loved Joyce Grenfell, Nursery school Sketches, and until now I had been unable to find them again..(I do have them in book form which is now falling apart)

Just thought I would share these as when listening to them now I can often hear myself repeating some of the phrases she uses, and others can never understand why I am so amused ........

free activity period

Flowers

enjoy

Inge

Thanks Inge, brightened my day, I've never heard of these before.

Loved the finger in the keyhole, of course all would come and watch, then someone else would try it. xD

I loved the flower one, how often does the 'adult' take so long to get an activity started, then all the children lose interest. :( I'm surprised thee was any time left to do the dance!.

The girls were very girly and the boys, well 'just boys'. :o

Peggy

Fantastic! I feel the need to share those at work tomorrow now!

If you didn't know it was Joyce Grenfell, you could easily mistake it for Penelope Keith, couldn't you? Margot has the same tone with Gerry in "The Good Life", doesn't she! :o

Guest MaryEMac

Brilliant. :oxD Thanks Inge. Joyce Grenfell is one of my favourites and these two clips really brightened my day. I never tire of hearing them.

Mary

Wonderful I've really enjoyed listening to these. As you say they have been difficult to find. Over the years I have often caught myself out sounding just like Joyce :o !

Now all we need is Les Dawson playing the piano, sounding just like me as well!

love it thanks like rufus I can here myself saying things exactly like that , in fact I once said as much to an assistant once she said who perhaps i should share these with the staff when we have a training day

sue

thank you so much, I can often hesr her in myself or other staff at work and sometimes I have a quiet chuckle to myself, but only one other member of staff knows who she is or remembers the sketches. I m going to take these into work and play them, brilliant stuff!

I think thoseof us who remember her are probaly of a certain age!!

Oh thats hilarious thank you for that link, was a lovely distraction from my 10min oral presentation on inclusion that i have managed to write all of my name on and its due Thursday! xD

George-don't do that! :o haha brilliant i shall be directing as many people as i can to them!