Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Gloop

Our children love to play with gloop and I always used to use cold water paste- however we have used all of our supplies and been looking to buy more (in local shops rather than having to place an order thro normal school suppliers)-anyone know where I can buy it? Alternatively what else can I use? Have used cornflour but it always ends up too stiff !! Willing to give anything a go ...Thanks !

we used 'slime' which is a mixture of PVA, borax, glycerine, water and food colouring. I cant remember the quatities as the recipe is at school but will endeavour to post it on Monday.

It's a great mixture as you can alter the consistency from very runny and sticky to almost like a rubbery pastry. It reacts in a similiar way to cornflour gloop.

We just use the cheapest cornflour on the shelf and let the children pour in the water watching the changes and different textures made along the way. If it gets too wet we just add more cornflour. We also change the colour by adding food colouring and sprinkle in glitter sometimes.

We usually leave a little jug of water for the childrent to experiment with beside the tray.

Shaving foam.

Soap suds are also great for sensory activities. The texture can be changed quite easily. Again you can change the colour and add sprinkles or glitter to make it more exciting. :o

slime sounds great-cant wait for you to post it and try it out !

Have used foam, cornflour, soap (which incidently went every where the last time i used it-I thought it was great but the caretaker didn't like it!) I also like the sound of jellybaff , which I read about a while ago, but I am still trying to find it !!

Thanks everyone for suggestions

I make "oozing slime" and it's always very popular!

Borax - 2 tablespoons dissolved in 250ml of warm water and allowed to cool

PVA glue - half a cup

food colouring - few drops (green is obviously the most requested colour!)

warm water - half a cup

I mix the PVA glue, warm water & food colouring in a large bowl, pour in the Borax solution and "zap" with the hand blender for a couple of minutes!

It goes very foamy at first, then gloopy and just peels from the bowl and blender!

Made in minutes with minimal mess - fantastic!

This keeps for ages in a sealed plastic bag in the fridge. (if the kids don't insist on taking it home :o )

My daughter made batches of this, sold it in primary school for £1 a bag and raised £63 for the RNLI xD

Nona

Hi

Some of the displays at school are excellent really displaying all the children's work and creativity. However some members of staff give children cut outs of people with all the features photocopied on or put out photocopied pictures for children to paint and then display themon the wall.

What I suggest to my colleagues is to give the children a shape eg a fish with nothing else on it and allow them to use their imagination and a range of resources to create a collage or paint freely and express what they have made. In this way the work is developed by the children what do you think am I asking something that is unreasonable????

looking forward to hearing from you

Borax is a natural cleaning product (apparently! :o ) There are no health warnings on the packaging.

I got it in the £ shop but have also seen it, at a higher cost, in Boots & Wilkinsons.

Enjoy!

Nona

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)