Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Software For Fs

Hi Shootingstar -

Do you mean stuff for the children or admin software? If you mean various products the children can use, we have a bunch of product reviews which you can access from the Resources part of the menu. All sorts of stuff from Maths to Music! :)

We have lots of software for the pre-school children. one of the favourites is Izzys Island. One that we use for the younger ones is called Toddlers. (It says on the packaging for '18 months - 3 years' - would you let an 18 month old on the computer???? It starts from scratch with just moving the mouse and not clicking. Really good for beginners - getting them used to mouse control. Starting Pre-school, Starting School, Pingu, Noddy - too many to remember at the moment! :o

When I go in tomorrow I will have a look at some of the others.

Sue J

Hi Linda

The Toddler one is from the Jump Ahead series. There are a few in the series that we use - Toddlers, 18m-3yrs, Pre-school 3-4 yrs, Starting school 4-5 yrs. I bought them at PC World a while ago, but at the weekend I was looking around for anything new there and saw Toddlers on the shelf, so it is still around. We also use the newer Jump Ahead 2000 series.

We use Wild West Town - the children like designing and printing Wanted posters. There are others that are ok but the Jump Ahead series cover all aspects.

I must make time to go through Rainbow Fish at home because it seems to be very wordy and slow. Has anyone got it - what do they think of it?

Sue J

We use Jump Ahead Baby - supposed to be from 9 months!!! Our 3 year olds love it they only need to tap the keys or click the mouse - colours, puzzles, hide and seek, nursery rhymes, farm animals and colouring a picture.

'2 Simple' software has been reviewed here and I recommend it too.

Our chn. also like Sherston's Animated alphabet.

Guest Tracey F

We love Izzy's Island in our Reception class. 2simples' Alphabet Soup and Dorling Kindersley's Learning Ladder preschool are both popular as well. We also use Thomas the Clown and Milly's Maths House. Oh and a favourite of a lot of the children is a Living book - Doctor Seus' Green Eggs and Ham - although after the first couple of times I find myself hearing 'Sam I Am' in my sleep :o

Hi

we have just had our funding chq through for the e learning credits..

went onto the website and for pre schools it comes up with the percy cds..has anyone used these/ are they any good? :D

I've not used the Percy stuff myself, but I've been told it's very good, and when I've got my eLCs money sorted, I think I'm going to be getting some of them.

Another good one for younger ones that I've just seen in a catologue but looked good was called ''Moles'' think of the bash the mole game you see in a fun fair and you've got the basic idea- on the easiest level it just requires that you move the mouse over the mole, higher up you need to click over it and I think there's another level on top of that. you can also select the number of moles on screen.

I'm currently looking into some new software for the early years, so if I find any good ones on top of the ones already said, I'll let people know.

Hi Sue

No I didn't get a chance to get to PC world today-thought food in the house might be a good idea!! :o I will try and get there tomorrow.

Our children last term loved the Mouse in the House program.

Linda

• 2 weeks later...

We use a company called Pink Cow select - (email enquiries@pinkcowltd.com)

tel 01344867007

Give them the age of the children and they send you software on approval and let you use it for a term. If it is no good just send it back, (postage is paid by them.) If you want a longer trial period you telephone. They try to find any software you want. Prices are ok and they take the e- credits (not that we get any!)

You can trial as many titles as you wish and no pressure to buy at any stage. we have only bought one in a year and the children get lots of different games to play at different levels!

I have a catalogue from inclusive technology. They have touch monitors, keyboards, switches, furniture etc and software - www.inclusive.co.uk a little expensive, main consumer group special needs but an interesting early years section.

Peggy

Wow Tracey ... that website looks amazing :o Haven't actually tried to load any of the games, but having just been told I need to put ICT links into my planning I've no doubt I'll be using some of these. Thanks a lot.

Harricroft

• 3 months later...

This is a copy of the message I have put under the Interactive whiteboards topic but think perhaps it should be here as well.

The Mouse Club has just published a fantastic new art package for the foundation stage, "Mouse Studio", works a treat on Interactive whiteboards. It has the added bonus of free art activities available on their website. Here is the link to the product https://vault1.secured-url.com/mouseclubsho...errer=mouseclub

If this link fails to work the web address is www.themouseclub.co.uk

Oh yes! and the good news it is only £19.99

Janet

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)