Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

On Entry Data For Nursery

hi everyone....

my head has been asking what we do in nursery as an initial assessment of where the children are starting at, OFSTED want to see progression throughthe whole foundation stage. I have put some thing in place and as part of my performance management will be looking into this area in more detail.....any ideas from others would be great!!!!

Hi emmorg and welcome to the forum. I will move this topic into the nursery part of the forum for you where hopefully you will get some useful replies. There may have been previous discussions about this so have a scout around whilst you're waiting for people to respond. :o

Hi emmorg,

We have an initial child profile, based on the eyfs levels below the age of the child starting preschool and with a few additions of our own which we find useful such as whether they can drink out of an open cup etc.

If you would like to see this to give you an idea, let me know.

Hi emmorg and welcome to the forum! I too am looking at this at the moment and would be very interested to hear about what you have laready put in place - is it from birth or from 3 years?

Hi emmorg and welcome to the Forum.

I don't even understand the question let alone the answer so I'm really glad there are really clever people on here who can help you!

Maz

Edited by HappyMaz

Hi emmorg and welcome to the Forum.

I don't even understand the question let alone the answer so I'm really glad there are really clever people on here who can help you!

Maz

Yes you do...baselining your children...

Yes you do...baselining your children...

Is that where you attach them to a parachute and throw them off a tall building and see if they can negotiate all the obstacles on the way and then run away from the policemen?

Is that where you attach them to a parachute and throw them off a tall building and see if they can negotiate all the obstacles on the way and then run away from the policemen?

See, you knew all along....

Hi emmorg and welcome to the forum! I too am looking at this at the moment and would be very interested to hear about what you have laready put in place - is it from birth or from 3 years?

no im focusing on 3-5 but sure some will be at a lower level ill attatch what i have done already... its a termly over view just to see which children are average, above or below so we can track progress made.

I tried but my upload failed!!!!

Thanks for that Cait - very useful! Do you just use it when chatting to parents or do you use it during the first few weeks when observing the child in your setting as well?

Thanks for that Cait - very useful! Do you just use it when chatting to parents or do you use it during the first few weeks when observing the child in your setting as well?

Well kinda both - if that makes sense. Sometimes parents just want to drop and run, and actually hanging about might make their child be a bit unsettled so on these occasions we complete it over a few weeks chatting before and after sessions. Sometimes, when we know in advance that a child is going to be a 'drop and run' I go to their house, or they come in to Preschool and we fill it in then.

On one or two occasions we have completed it totally ourselves when parents just wouldn't - or on one occasion when the replies were obviously nonsense :o 'oh yeah, she's doing blah blah blah' (as my daughter would say 'how about NO') xD

Hi Cait, my head wants me to use the eyps as an initial assessment for nursery too. Would love to see what you have done with yours. At moment am trying to break the statements down but seems an unendingtask.

Would be so grateful to see yours. Thank you very much

Edited by Beau
To remove email address - please use private messaging on the forum

Well here's ours, it's our initial chat with parents and forms our baseline for each of the children - I hope it's some use to you

thanks so much x

Hi it must be a HEAD thing because our head or rather (our sip) is also after hard data.

The eyeprofile can now cover a 2 year period but what about the children who are not yet achieving in Nursery the first point of the profile?

How are you measuring the children to ensure you have value added.

We have a variety of information collated from parents and pre school and our own initial assessments but not any one document that we can track from nursery to the end of the reception year.

Is there a way to track the children that isn't going to involve a variety of different bits of paper?

Sharon

Is there a way to track the children that isn't going to involve a variety of different bits of paper?

We're going to look into something called the Essex/Target Tracker, initially developed in Essex (there's a surprise!) and now available to buy into nationwide - it's a computer programme, so you need time to input the data, but it apparently is a very effective tracking system and will chuck out all sorts of data, charts, etc.

When I find out more, I'll share!

Edited by Wolfie

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)