Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Whole School Collapsible Week

Hello everyone,

This is my first ever post so hope I've done this right.

Anyway,here it goes.....

The week after next the whole school is taking part in a collapsible week with the focus of History and Literacy. I was wondering whether anyone has any ideas of what I could do for my reception class of 30. We also need to fit a bit of Drama in !(it had been mentioned about using an artefact to start the topic off, the teacher being in role and children asking questions about the artefact)

I was thinking along the lines of pirates? but not sure. The specific skills accross the school is questioning.

Hope you can help

Thanks.

Guest Wolfie

Hi ginamaria and welcome to the forum! :o

Can you explain a bit more about what a collapsible week is? It's a term I've never come across before!

We have weeks where we are all supposed to have a collapsed timetable, such as for book week, or anti-bullying week. However, I find that hard as we don't have a timetable as such! So this week, for book week, we are looking at Harry and the Dinosaurs go to School - booktime book - but haven't had to alter timetable as we fit stuff in as and where it fits best anyway, apart from phonics, which I've kept as they have only just started it.

I love the idea of bundling up the week and putting it somewhere else though!!!!

That's exactly what it is...I week where there is no timetable as such and all subjects are linked together where possible. The whole school has a focus and this time it is History and Literacy. Just wondering whether anyone had any ideas on a nice History topic for the week that is not too complex. I am moving towards Pirates and think the children would enjoy treasure hunts etc.

Thanks for all the replies!

:o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)