Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Degree

I am so nervous and worried, tomorrow I enroll on the third year of an early childhood studies degree after completing a foundation degree. I am worried that I will not cope with the work load or the level of expectation. I am worried I will be a miserable boring person to be around as I will be attending uni three nights a week untill 9.30 it will take me over an hour to get home then up at 6 for work!!!

Am I mad? Is it worth it the end?? Anyone been there done this? any tips for me?

I am not looking forward to having no life again weekends studying evenings studying and days working PLEASE TELL ME IT'S WORTH IT IN THE END!!!

I think it must be worth it if you signed up!

Think of the light at the end of the tunnel..................

some of us have our foundation degree to do first............ only one lesson in.

You are nearing the end.

Don't give up now.

Am sure someone will tell you its all worth it.

:o

I have just started back for my second year of FD and although I'm sure this will be a hard year, I intend to stick it out.Stick to yours too, it's a short 'year' after all and just imagine the sense of acheivement you will fell when it's done and dusted.Keep going!!

I too am enrolling tomorrow. I first struggled with having soo much free time when we finished in June but I soon got over that. Now i am thinking about all the prep I could have done!! However as Narnia says it is a short year and we will all have different challenges as well as the BA. Stick with us whenever you need a shoulder. I was lucky in that I found 2 great peers during the FD and they are starting with me tomorrow.

Don't worry, it will be worth all the anguish, sleepless nights and frustration. Remember you are not alone.

I am in the same boat jojo.....we will be fine, xD:o let's do what Hali says and keep plodding on....I feel as if it's my first day at school again. I have chosen two modules that scare the pants of me..why did I do that? :(:(

With any luck and a lot of hard work we will be posting on here in July to say we are graduating with BA(hons) - I look forward to sharing our relief and pride. :(

Keep posting for support I know I will need it too. :wacko:

I am in the same boat jojo.....we will be fine, xD:o let's do what Hali says and keep plodding on....I feel as if it's my first day at school again. I have chosen two modules that scare the pants of me..why did I do that? :(:(

With any luck and a lot of hard work we will be posting on here in July to say we are graduating with BA(hons) - I look forward to sharing our relief and pride. :(

Keep posting for support I know I will need it too. :wacko:

Hi Shirel i am to about to enbark on BA at Essex I am to going to have to regularly ask 4 support i hope we could all be moral support for each other Matkat

I can only say that there will be times when the work threatens to take over your life and you wonder if you can remember what your family members look like and forget what it was like to have a tidy house and you go to sleep dreaming about Harvard referencing and you'll ask yourself why you ever thought this was a good idea.

BUT... you'll be learning so much - both about yourself and the subject and it will be fulfilling, stimulating, exciting, intriguing, provoking but above all, it will be so worthwhile because the new skills and dispositions you'll gain will benefit your children so much.

Good luck to everyone who is starting their FDEd or BA or whatever: we're all here for moral support when you wonder why you're doing this at all! :o

Maz

the forum has been a big help to me and has helped me to keep sain, and this has ment that i have enroled for my second year. I just hope that i can have your fantasic stamina to go on to year three. good luck, although i am sure you do not need it

Karen

XxX

Thank you everyone it's good to know I'm not alone! and the positive messages help I hope we can all support one and other as much as we can! Thank goodness for this forum :o

Thanks guys for your support i feel alot better about enrolling tomorrow i wander what subjects we will look at this year Matkat

• 1 month later...

Hi

I am just trying to start my first module on the BA hons in early childhood, It just so happens its a double!! I have entered in the third year after completing the foundation degree and i am enrolled for the EYPS to.

I at times get bogged down with it all, work , kids, dogs, pony and a husband BUT i keep telling myself its only another 18 months and I1ll be done and the first person to ever get a degree in my family.

hang on in there you`ll be fine and it`ll be worth it :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)