Some News.................

narnia

what a woman you are such an insparation to us all you

are soooo positive,

wanted to say good luck and im sending huggs roses and a glass of red xxx

my friend just got all clear and yes her hair is back and looks fab

all the very best and hope to chat on ere again soon

xoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxoxox

ok,here's the update :definately cancer between grade 1 and 2 so not too bad, I had to have blood tests today,and there was a suggestion of a hysterectomy(!), depending on what hormones show up in my blood.I have to see the reconstruction surgeon before any decision can be taken on how best to do my op, but I have to accept, apparantly, that a mastectomy is the only option for me,both for 'cosmetic reasons' and my health.Lovely nurse and very nice doctor, who assures me I should be able to get the surgeon of my choice for the op (but only if the wait for getting on his list is safe, time-wise). I may also have to go for genetic counselling, due to my family history, so that's another minefield to explore.They are talking a maximum timeline of 4 weeks before my op, so I need to hit the FD books to keep up!They have also gently broken the news to me that there is NO way I can go back to my setting while I'm having my chemotherapy, and that's going to create no end of problems, since I can't afford to pay for cover long term.So, have taken a bit of an emotional battering,but hubby was there to hold my hand, and all will be well.

And today, at 4.20 am, our newest grandaughter,Imogen, was born.I have been to see her this evening and she has stolen a chunk of my heart, life really does go on :o

you are an inspiration to us all Narnia!!! And congrats on the new arrival Enjoy every bit of Imogen and Im sure this will be said again and again but you need to think of yourself now you will sort your setting and you are the most important person now all the bestxxxxxxx

So some good news to celebrate along with the not so good..

As to time off.. you will need it.. along with the reduced immunity.. in winter.. (son had to avoid all colds well after treatment.. so much so to get him back to work his employers told everyone in his office to stay off if they had any sign of a cold so he could go in!.. they did love the excuses not to work with a sniffle!)

Thinking of you...

Inge

Congratulations on the brith of Imogen what a fantastic piece of good news for you!

Its good that they have caught it early on. Definitely start reading those books it'll keep your mind occupied. Don't worry about a hysterectomy I had one at 31 and although a little uncomfortable to begin with it wasn't too bad.

Keep up the positivity!

Oh narnia what can I say?

You are simply inspirational. I can't imagine even thinking about getting my books out and studying at a time like this! Many congratulations on the birth of your new grand daughter: I'm sure she will provide many happy hours over the next few weeks as you wait for your operation.

It can sound a bit trite but we're all thinking of you and we're here for you when things get rough, or just for when you want to chat!

Take care

Love

Mx

I'm just bothered I'll start rattling if they take anything else away! :o:(

No worries there: everything just expands to fit the space - otherwise my size ten innards would be rattling about my size 18 body! xD

Thanks for keeping us updated, I have been checking on and off all day and everytime I have looked there has been other members looking and presumably awaiting your news.

Congratulations and welcome to Imogen.

Studying may help to take your mind of things, you are wonder woman, keep saying it until you believe it. :oxD:( :(

congratulations on your new grandaugher - thats great news! you keep looking at those books hun and chatting away to us on here. im sure something can be sorted for your setting - but you must put yourself 1st now. lots of hugs xxxxx

:o

A day of mixed blessings then!!

A huge welcome to Imogen, she'll be the perfect distraction for you and your hubby over the next few weeks (months & years! :o )

I'm sure you'll get lots of FD reading done in the wee small hours when your mind refuses to switch off and you need to think of somehing else. Plus, of course, trying to arrange cover - hope your local Early Years team can help you with that.

You're doing so well and now you have a clearer picture of what's to come - take it day by day and we'll be willing you along.

Nona

What a rollercoaster of emotions you have had to endure today Narnia.

Deligtful news about the safe arrival of Imogen - pure joy holding a little miracle in your arms for the first time!

BTW, I love the ring your daughter has orderd for you - and this will pass.

In the meantime, accept all the help you can get from your parent rota to help cover. I have every faith that parents and staff will step up to the mark!

Book that holiday cottage in Devon (hope they have internet access).

Thinking of you.

Hi Narnia

Firstly in spite of all that is going on and the emotional roller coaster that results you still thought to update us all and thank you sooooo much for doing so xD

Huge congratulations on the arrival of Imogen :(:(:( Tiny and new though she may be I am sure she will be a source of tremendous support for you.

I am not often lost for words ;) but I am stuggled to truly express how amazing I believe you are

'inpirational' has been said already and very true it is too but I think you go beyond that.

Perhaps behind the scenes you are having the weepy moments when it all seems a bit much to take in and maybe it is worth saying here that you don't have to be bright and breezy on here all the time, if you are having a rough day or moment it may help to post and say today is really **********! I hope you understand what I am trying to say here though I feel I am making a hash of it!!!! :o

I have no doubt that eveyone involved in your setting will rally round and do whatever is necessary to ensure the setting runs smoothly in your absence. YOU are number one priority and by being a 'good girl' and following doctors orders I bet you will be back in your setting before you know it.

As for wondering if you may rattle if they take too many bits - the 'rattling club' is OK. I think I have had more bits taken out than I have left!!! My hysterectomy years ago was one of the best things I have had done!!

Anyway enough prattle from me, you do realise of course this journey you are undertaking has lots of passengers on board because we are all right there with you :wacko: xD :rolleyes: :unsure:

Congratualtions on the birth of your newest grandaughter. Ive just become an aunty for the first time, she is 6 weekd premature and just a blessing to the whole family. There's nothing better to lift spirits that a new baby - enjoy her.

Your an inspirational and very strong person who is approaching this with the right attitute, keep it up. You sound like you have a very loving and supportive family around you and I wish you all the very best for the next coming months.

I hope the cover situation at your settings is resolved soon, im sure it will be then you can concentrate on your health.

Love and best wishes

paula

Hi Narnia,

Just checking in to see how you're doing? There are some lovely messages on here for you - brings a warm "glow" just reading them.

You've been SO brave posting on here but I'm wondering how you're coping telling people face-to- face and hoping you're not the one doing the comforting with them as you have been with us!?

I have a mental picture of you organizing everyone around you - am I right! :o

Nona

errrr, yes! Of course, telling people face to face is not easy, people don't, in general, want to see you blubbing away, and some don't know what to say really.But I am constantly amazed at how generous people are in terms of love and compassion.Yes, i had the offer (renewed today in fact and followed up with a huge bear hug from one of the nicest, most caring................and delightfully smelling men i have ever met!) of a break in Devon, which is lovely and which i probably will grab with both hands at some point.I have also had the offer of a complete cure, without surgery or medicine from a friend of one of my parents (which was also lovely, i guess, in it's own way, but on this occasion, i'm having to put my trust in science and medicine).And yesterday, i received a card from a lady who has always been extremely frosty to me for reasons only she knows! But it was a really kind message, offering help and support.Lots of practical help too, parents offering to come in and help out whenever they are needed, and i'm so grateful for that.Iam finding myself dealing with tearful ladies, who I think empathise with this, and just don't know what to say.So, yes, i'm holding my own emotions in check, the children don't need to seeme howling away either......and actually, they are being especially lovely right now, some very funny moments each day, but that's one of the joys of this job! Please don't worry about me.......all will be well and i'll be dancing at my gigs again before too long, though I may have to forfeit going to the two gigs I booked to go to next month.............now THATS a beggar!! . xD:o Marillion ROCKKKKKKKKKKKKKK

Narnia - keep those tickets, you may still get there!

Doctors are usually quite willing to work around events that are important to you - and we KNOW Marillion is important to you :o

Nona

xD:(:o ............today I received a card from all the members of Marillion and their lovely manager and one of their super baseball hats! I also had a card from the village school and several from friends.Its been a day of lots of tears, just thinking how kind folk are. And, I had the biggest hug and widest grin from one of our 'old'children, who raced along the road to greet me when he spotted me...............absolutely smashing xx