Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Names On Paintings

Do anyone have any suggestions for a system to put names on paintings which are done as a C.I. activity? The children are churning out loads of free paintings and I feel bad that I can't send them home because I don't know who's done them! Thanks

we have a pen attached to the easel and they soon learn to make their mark on the pictures..you just learn to decipher them.. not long before you can recognise each persons' signature' or if they find this difficult ours know to ask an adult to put a name on if they want to take it home..

a lot of the time we have un named ones but it is often the doing which they enjoy and not the end result which is quickly forgotten or not really wanted by the child.. The ones we have left we recycle and put on the craft area for cutting and sticking etc.. so it all gets used by someone again!

Inge

Can your children recognise their names?

If so you could print off labels with all their names on so they can stick them to the back!

The children in my class love using labels, post its etc so this is a big hit with mine.

We have a system where each child has a pocket attached to the wall with printed out names in it. They just take a name out when they want it to stick onto a painting, model or picture. We have some who get it wrong now and then and stick someone else's name on but it works well on the whole.

Dont the children recognise their own work?

Unfortunately not yet! Everyone did every painting and then we have tears if they think they have done it when they haven't! A real minefield for us this subject!!

Hi I think it is wonderful if children are taught to make their own mark on the front of the painting as it not only encourages them to make marks, but practitioners can show they value their marks.

Dot :o

I did once visit a setting that had printed out sheets of name stickers for each child, displayed in the creative area - children were encouraged to peel off a sticker for their work, independently if they could recognise their name or with some help if not. The system did seem to work very well.

We have a system where each child has a pocket attached to the wall with printed out names in it. They just take a name out when they want it to stick onto a painting, model or picture. We have some who get it wrong now and then and stick someone else's name on but it works well on the whole.

We use exactly the same as Flutterby, must say works very well. As the children get older, we encourage them to attempt to write their own names. The label system works well for any work such as junk modelling, coming back to constructions which are put in a safe place etc.

We do the same we leave pencils on the table and ask the chldren to have a go at writing their own name, then ask a adult if they cant do it. We keep reminding them at carpet time to have a go or ask a teacher, or they also can go get their name card and take it with them to copy when they are doing their paintings!

0258 x

We use screw drawers. We put a child's name on front of a drawer and then print up small names and cut them up and put them into the drawer. The small names are just printed on plain paper not stickers, they stick well to glue or paint on collage and pictures.

This helps children with name recognition and fine motor skills. It works very well and children (age 2-4) quickly get used to it.

Here's a link to the product we use: http://www.maplin.co.uk/Module.aspx?ModuleNo=29163

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)