Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Canopy For Outdoor Area

Guest Wolfie

I'm trying to find a company that manufacture canopies for outdoor areas that can be attached to exisiting walls - can anyone recommend one?

I'm trying to find a company that manufacture canopies for outdoor areas that can be attached to exisiting walls - can anyone recommend one?

hiya

we're just having some estimates for canopies, if its fixed it would require planning permission. we got a quote from Pocco they were reasonable. we are probably going to use a local company called newby lesiure.

good luck

We had quite a few quotes this time last year. Only 2 I remember where Pocca and Timberline. Pocca was really expensive (£7000) and all plastic. Timberline one was £3500, with wooden posts and a choice of colours. We got the Timberline one and it is gorgeous! Neither of these fix on to the wall- we are in a listed building so weren't allowed to have one attached. As our one from Timberland is bolted into the ground we don't have to have planning permission as it is technically not a fixed structure!!

Wish I could remember the name but when I was researching this, I found a company who supplied canopies that could be fixed in two troughs or planters - found them just by putting 'freestanding sun canopy' in Google. Committee went with a wooden gazebo in the end with what looks like corrugated plastic which has UV protection, it does work well.

• 4 months later...

Hi, we too are currently searching for a canopy i found by searching on Yahoo or Google lots of companies including the already mentioned Able are happy to come and give free quotes! Good luck with your serach.

• 4 months later...

Depends on location. I have used a builder to do ours.......with decking. He also does the two local school. He is based in Surrey but would travel a distance, but depends where.

I have just had a Coolaroo shade sail put up in my garden.

http://www.coolaroo.com/products/coolaroo/...ductRangeRef=10

I bought it from ebay and we drilled the wall of the house and two sturdy fence posts to fit it. It was great last week for providing shade. It unhooks easily and folds up really small.

I have a 5 metre triangle but you can get larger ones.

Edited by AlisonP

Get ofsted to make having one a key issue - it's worked for two of our schools!!

Unfortunately parish councils and churches don't recognise Ofsted catma! :o

Maz

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)