Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What Printer

Buttercup

Can you change the setting? I have HP All in one .. I found by changing to 'quick' or 'draft' options I've saved lots of ink - the cartridges now seem to last about ten times longer....I even use this option to print all phots and the quality doesn't appear much different.

xx

we too have HP.. at home, whcih used to last ages then suddenly didnt.. found out that they had reduced amount of ink in the cartridges!

now buy ink on internet.. can get ones with higher ink in them at almost same cost....

don't get Brother.. ours at work sends us ***** as ir cleans all the time when you are in a hurry, wont print without all the cartridges having ink in them even when one colour is empty and lots of black it wont print in just black...

you could also become Which member for a trial period fro £1.00 this will allow you access to their best buys and details of ink use are part of that.

Inge

at home I use a lexmark all in one printer, which is positively alcoholic when it comes to drinking ink!! It does produce beautiful printing.....but is too expensive (and hubby won't let me use cheap brands of ink, because he reckons thats what killed our last printer!) Ink at the moment costs about £16 per cartridge, so it's eating up my budgets........I need to buy a new one for my setting, so what would you all suggest???

Ok these are Which best buy and it says

Canon Pixma IP3300 £44.00

Canon's Pixma range is well known for producing decent quality inkjet printers, and the iP3300 is no exception; it's a Best Buy. This printer is a good all rounder - it's great for text, good for photos, prints quickly, and has some of the lowest running costs around. Looked at the costs and they recon 0.02p for a b&w page colour 0/08p and photo 36p but no scanner.. so depends on if you need that facitlity as well..

all the best buys seem to be Cannon with out scanners...and printing costs all about the same

Canon PIXMA iP4500 this one prints on both sides.. £75.00

Canon PIXMA MP610 this one has a scanner.. £105.

Inge

we have a cannon prixa - lovely printer but have given up buying cheap cartridges for it as printer detects no cartridges!!! xD so have bought branded ones this time - will have to wait and see how long they last! :o

We have Epson DX4200 at home which we have had for a while. Very happy with print quality on text and photos. Ink comes in four separate cartridges (1 black, 4 colour) which you can buy as a pack or individually. I think it cuts down on a lot of wasted ink as we had an HP which just had a colour and a black cartridge. Would by Epson printer again when need to replace (Ink also quite reasonable for price about £20 to replace all four cartridges)

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)