Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

My Ofsted Inspection

Just wanted to share my good news. I had my ofsted inspection today having only found out thurs i was having one and thinking i still had another year yet as its only been 2 years since my last one. I got Good which i am very happy with also due to the fact i am one of the 1st to be graded against the eyfs too. She was very impressed which is fab after all the stress and confusion over the past few months changing over to the eyfs. Good luck to anyone else about to be inspected :o

Great news juddster, well done, no more visits for you for a while now then :o

I am sure many will want to know how the Inspection has changed since your one 2 yrs ago in light of EYFS, any tips or any particular area/s the Inspector focused on? (obviously aware that all Inspectors are autonomous!)

Again CONGRATULATIONS, :( have you any planned celebrations? and of course let your local paper know, being one of the fist, very 'news' worthy. xD

Peggy

Just wanted to share my good news. I had my ofsted inspection today having only found out thurs i was having one and thinking i still had another year yet as its only been 2 years since my last one. I got Good which i am very happy with also due to the fact i am one of the 1st to be graded against the eyfs too. She was very impressed which is fab after all the stress and confusion over the past few months changing over to the eyfs. Good luck to anyone else about to be inspected :o

Well done - please let us know their key interests? Did you have a good SEF completed, tracking system etc

Edited by Guest

Many congratulations - what does it feel like to be one of the first to be judged under the new EYFS? Perhaps the inspector wanted a practice run with a setting s/he knew to be good which is why you had another one so soon.

Hi thanks for the comments :o . That was only my 2nd inspection since starting out my 1st was on my 1st day of childminding so only got satisfactory then. I only briefly see my report today so will let you know more when i have a copy. There is a section where you are still assessed under the 5 ECM headings but not entirely sure on the headings of the other areas. I filled in a SEF following their guidelines and she was very impressed. I have a different theme for each month and make sure i cover the main festivals for the main religions Hindu, christian, muslim, jewish,buddist and sikh. I plan weekly activities so for example this month is mathematics so last week we did about shapes and this week its numbers. We have done themes like people who help us, summer, mini beasts etc. I then do one observation a week covering an component of the main 6 areas of development i assess them against the table which lists where they should be at. Some of my obs are very short for example child a counted to 3 so next steps to count to 5. It is not piles and piles of paperwork. My weekly plan has 6 activities a week but like this week psed is sharing and taking turns, cll is singing counting songs but so is p,r,n, kuw is talking about numbers important to us age, house number, pd is hopscotch and cd is the 5 pillars of islam for the festival ramadam. Hope this all makes sence.

Hi

Well done and congratulations. From what you last wrote you obviously put a lot of effort into your planning etc.

Still got to find the time to fill in my SEF.!!

xx

I haven't done my SEF yet, either!

No news on any training so have asked my Network co-ordinator to look at it with me on Monday - I'll let you all know if she has any words of wisdom!!

Nona

• 3 weeks later...

hi juddster

i have my inspection due next week sometime, have you got any tips and can you tell how you managed to complete sef form as i can't seem to get on to do it through the way it says to do it

any help would be very appreciated

karen

hi there great news with the inspection can i ask did you have everything in place in time for inspection for the new eyfs

Wish i could help more in how to complete the SEF i just used the guidance as i said i found it very helpful. Then in answer to did i have everything in place for the eyfs i had planning for a few months and observations and i explained how i used the obs to do my planning and was going to review the obs evry term and write a progress report. So pretty much everything was there or i could explain what i planned to do. Hope this makes sence. Everything else you already have in place before the eyfs. Hope this helps. Good luck in your inspection.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)