Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Long Term Plan

sarahharry

I am just going to use my continuous provision sheets as my Long Term Plan. I am in a pre-school.

I am not doing big topics at all anymore, only 'mini topics' when I feel there is a gap in the children's learning or wanting to cover something more specific e.g. festivals.

I also agree..and so does Marion Dowling! Plans for continuous provision...and enhamcements to continuous provision..are definitely the way forward! :o

We have the continuous provision sheets for long term planning alongside 2 sheets of A4 paper split into 6 half terms and a box for each area of learning.

Also on there is space for special events/ trips/ visits etc/ religous festivals etc.

Mine at the moment has nothing on past this half term bar Chrismtas and Easter and Divali etc because until I know the children how can we know what we will be doing during Spring or summer term!!!!!!

I suppose these bits would count as our enhancements.

We have the continuous provision sheets for long term planning alongside 2 sheets of A4 paper split into 6 half terms and a box for each area of learning.

Also on there is space for special events/ trips/ visits etc/ religous festivals etc.

Mine at the moment has nothing on past this half term bar Chrismtas and Easter and Divali etc because until I know the children how can we know what we will be doing during Spring or summer term!!!!!!

I suppose these bits would count as our enhancements.

Thanks everyone that is what i thought it was i have my cp sheets but think i will just put some of the festivals down too. Thanks for clearling up that matter everyone im on the right tracks..

• 2 weeks later...

our long term plan has always been twelve topics (2 yrs) with ELG's rotated to make a two years rolling programme. We would like to keep the topics as a loose guide but I'm not sure if we should specify what we are going to cover so far in advance. Children's individual needs and interests are met along side this. Just feel confused as to best way forward? I have read that many of you are using continuous provision sheets. Can't quiet visualise how they would look. Is it just what you expect to happen in each set area ?

• 2 weeks later...
our long term plan has always been twelve topics (2 yrs) with ELG's rotated to make a two years rolling programme. We would like to keep the topics as a loose guide but I'm not sure if we should specify what we are going to cover so far in advance. Children's individual needs and interests are met along side this. Just feel confused as to best way forward? I have read that many of you are using continuous provision sheets. Can't quiet visualise how they would look. Is it just what you expect to happen in each set area ?

neither can i. am in nursery attached to catholic school. we have 2 topics a half term. all objectives covered over our long term yearly plan. we pick out main focus objective and put them in the 6 areas on our med term plans then easy to cut and paste onto our weekly plans. then add more activities. can nsomeone show me what a continuous provision plan looks like?

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)