Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Nvq Guidelines By Helen Edwards

littleantics

I'm not sure whether any more have been written but am assuming that the Helen Edwards you speak of is the one and only Helen Edwards who helps run this forum so she or her husband shoudl rad this message soon and be able to help further! :o

Hi LittleAntics, and welcome to the forum xD

I had hoped to complete the mandatory units by now, but running my own nursery, doing advisory work, and helping to run the forum has prevented me from doing so! :o

However, I closed down my nursery in July, and have made plans to resume the writing. I'll set about completing the mandatory units over the next few months. Which one are you working on at the moment?

Many thanks for your kind comments :(

I've been telling everyone I'm now a lady of leisure, but Steve has other ideas, I think! I'll still be involved in County stuff hopefully, and might venture into lecturing at some time in the future. And, of course, I have these two lovely forums to keep me occupied! :o

Hi Wolfie,

I don't think it'll hit me until the children go back on Thursday! It took a long time to make the decision, but I really feel it's the right one. I've never done anything for as long as ten years, so it was a record for me! We now have three more rooms to play with, and a garden that doesn't have toddler toys in it anymore xD (chickens instead, though) I'm really excited about the future now...with all the EYPS agenda, I think they'll be opportunities opening up for me to think about.

Hali,

I spent the last week of term crying :o Definitely no mascara that week! I'd been running the nursery with the same person, Mandy, for the whole time, and the staff team remained consistent so I was incredibly lucky.

Sadie,

Lots of reasons, really. One of them being our children are now 14 and 11, and we never use the nursery rooms out of hours, anymore. When they were little, we used them for after school playing, parties, etc. So, we thought we'd like our house back! I'm not sure what you mean by assessor sites, though?

Advice on how to work with students of all ages really. I dont want to spend a fortune on books unless they are recommended. I am doing my A1 working with all ages and all abilities at levels 2/3/4.

Ah right, now I've got the idea. I was thinking more about University lecturing, not assessing, sorry. We have a great department at the University of Brighton for early years and teacher training and I've quite fancied having a go at that! If I come across anything useful for assessors, I will certainly let you know. :o

• 11 months later...

Hi I am also new to this forum and I have found Helens guidelines on 301 extremely useful.Are there anymore units in the pipe line Helen ??

Hi trixybelle

Welcome to the forum.

Just to let you know that Helen is on holiday at the moment so won't reply for a while. I am sure she will catch up with this as soon as she returns.

Linda

Hi trixybelle,

You can find all the articles relating to the NVQ here. They are a work in progress at the moment though! :o

Hi ,

thanks for reply .Have found these already and have found them really useful.I was wondering if Helen would be doing anymore.I havent been in childcare fro very long and really have to think about the questions so all help is appreciated ! xD

Hi ,

thanks for reply .Have found these already and have found them really useful.I was wondering if Helen would be doing anymore.I havent been in childcare fro very long and really have to think about the questions so all help is appreciated ! xD

There will be more, but quite when I don't know. Perhaps Helen will enlighten us when she returns from holiday. :o

In the meantime, have a really good look round the forum as there is a lot of useful advice and resources to be found here already. If there is something in particular you are not sure about then feel free to ask. :(

Good luck!

Hi Trixybelle,

Thanks for your kind comments xD

Well.... the plan was to write one every couple of months but that doesn't seem to happen for some reason! I will continue from September and try to keep to the plan :o

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)