Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Hello

:o HI EVERYONE

i am a RCM ... i have been doing this job now for 7 years... and when i 1st started you got in touch with your county council... to register... the fire brigrade came out to visit you and so did county council... and you had to do your 1st aid in the 1st 6 months of registering... and that was all we go.. if it wasnt for friends i wouldnt have know about registering as a small business and with the tax man...and about the grants that had just become available at the time... we had no where to turn to and no one to help really...

All that has change now... i have done loads of training and go to as many meetings as i can and i am part of a accredited network.. i have my ccp... and nvq level 3 ... as well as other qualifications... and i am signed up for loads of more trainin in the start of next year for child protection updats to eyfs training...!!!! its great that we are offered training but i still think that a lot fo the times and dates that are offered are unsuitable for a childminder...as they are weekdays during the hours of 9 till 5 ish... so no good for me... and i am waitin to start my quality 1st qualification with ncma....

i came across this site when looking for more relivent eyfs information for childminders.. and was hoping to get some idea's of what its going to involve.. i have done a quick session on eyfs but feel like i need more trianing... !!!! but thought i would introduce myself before i go and look all round the site for as much information i can find... as i am still unsure how i am ment to be laying out all the information i have to gather when the eyfs comes into force... (not long now)... you always wonder if you are doing things the best way or not...

At this moment in time i am wondering why my network coordinator has not informed me of this site before now... wonder if they are waiting to see who is doing independent searching instead of handing things out on a plate....mmmmm as she gave me the password for the site as soon as i asked about it....

i am sure i will find out sooner or later...

well bye for now everyone and hope someone pops by just to say hi....

kazzaw

Hi, and welcome.

Am sure you will find everything you need here - its great! And if not ask, someone might be able to help

Em

Hi Kazzaw, a big welcome from one RCM to another!

This site is FAB - all you need to know and more. I find stuff on here that I feed on to my Network co-ordinators. They never seem to find the time to read their way through here and I often seem to have information before they do!

I try to log in every day now to keep up to date and see what everyone else is up to. It's very friendly and amusing - probably because we all choose to work with the early years age group.

Enjoy!

Nona

Hi Kazzaw, A warm welcome to the forum xD Well done for finding us. :(

I see by your comment;

At this moment in time i am wondering why my network coordinator has not informed me of this site before now... wonder if they are waiting to see who is doing independent searching instead of handing things out on a plate....mmmmm as she gave me the password for the site as soon as i asked about it....

That you have an LEA scheme membership, hopefully your network coordinator will let many more practitioners in your area know about us soon. :o The LEA membership is a good way for them to communicate at a local level.

Peggy

Hi and welcome

I like you only came across this site by accident, am not networked but also find it surprising my Early Years Childminder Co-ordinator hadn't mentioned it in a news letter. Think I'm the only RCM from the county now logged on, although I have forward details to most of my local support group- they are obviously not too interested, -but I have found lots of help and advice available- even after 23 years of childminding I am always looking for new ideas and support.

Hi and welcome fellow childminder.

Im sure you ll find lots of help and information and ideas on here to help you,

I really dont think anyone here is 100% certain they are doing things right.

I dont think there is a right or perfect way to record eyfs its up to each person to interpret how to do it and you just have to do what works for you.

I m sure we ll all be tweeking things as we go -------I suppose thats whats called reflective practice!!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)