Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Inclusive Development Programme

The Inclusive Development Programme is part of the Government's strategy for children with special educational needs. It is a four year programme to provide support to leadership teams in school and early years settings, it contains professional development materials for teachers and practitoners.

My setting recently received a Guidance (The National Strategy for Early Years - Supporting children with speech, lanuiage and communication needs. for practitioners in the Early Years Foudation Stage )on this topic with a DVD. I am attending training on how to deliver this training to staff in October. We will then work through the DVD which looks at aspects of you practice. Support is to be given and here in essex we have bee given a list of training which they will be given to Mnagers and SENCO over the first year. It looks really interesting.

smiles

I have had an initial introduction as SENCo for the primary resources and have the DVD. It does look like a lot of work has gone into the materials. I haven't seen the EYFS stuff but I guess it is in the same vein.

There is limited access on the standards site but the programme is being rolled out in LAs starting in the autumn term so I guess settings will be getting training to disseminate to staff.

http://www.standards.dcsf.gov.uk/primary/f...clusion/sen/idp

Is there a number to call to get a copy? We had ours come through but a child was sick and managed to cover it, and a member of staff thinking it wasn't important threw it in the bin.

Sounds interesting and curious that us in special ed haven't heard anything about it! (Well not at my work or other friends in the same field)

Ours came trhough the end of May. Number to ring

DCSF Publications

0845 60 222 60

Quote: 00215-20008BKT-EN

EMAIL : dcsf@prolog.uk.com

Hammered posted a link previously which lets you look at it.

I think it is going to be very important as a number of settings who have recently ahve their OFSTED were asked if they were using it? Its a great way of reflecting on your practice. Has questions for Managers/Practittoners/SENCO's. I ve broken up for the holidays and have been looking through it already!

I also read somewhere that all SENCO's should have AUTISM traning but I cant remeber where?

smiles

We had ours sent to us, also a Preschool. The course people said all preschools etc and school should have received a copy. They said too ring up if you havent recived one. I have a contact number for Essex if anyone wants to email me. That said I have tried to order copies of the May update to the EYFS and get a message saying I am not authorised to order any because I am not a school?

smiles

We had ours sent to us, also a Preschool. The course people said all preschools etc and school should have received a copy. They said too ring up if you havent recived one. I have a contact number for Essex if anyone wants to email me. That said I have tried to order copies of the May update to the EYFS and get a message saying I am not authorised to order any because I am not a school?

smiles

I think its all a technological conspiracy: I ordered the May 2008 EYFS pack without any problem! :o

Maz

I had a staff meeting last day of term and told them they had to order there own copy of letters and sounds as they would only let me order one per person. One of the members of staff phoned while we were all sitting there to order hers and asked why we could not have any more and guess what she could order seven copies.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)