Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Dscf Questions?

I have had several phone call over the past three weeks from the DSCF, asking me to fill in a questionnaire over the phone.................they claim to have sent me this form through the post, but I have yet to receive one.They also claim to have sent me several emails about the form too, and again, I have not received these.Now, yesterday, a very snotty woman phoned me again, to' give me a chance to fill in the form over the phone'.........and it got slightly heated when I said i hadn't received any forms, or emails...she told me in no uncertain terms to 'check my junk box in case it has gone into that'. so I told her I awlays check it, daily in case of things going in by mistake......................she gave a huge sigh, then slowly told me she would call back in twenty minutes, so that I could check my junk box..............at which point, I'm afraid I told her I was neither an idiot, nor a small child and if i said I had checked my mail, then I had!! So, she is calling me on Monday, to give me a chance to check all my mails again...........and I STILL don't have anything from them.So, am I being daft, or have any of you received such a questionnaire from them.........................or, is this something I should be wary of, in other words, is it genuine??? :o oh and yes, she has my correct email address, so it's not that!

I think from what you describe her attitude is abysmal (spl).

Is this information a mandatory requirement? Does their emails enable a receipt from recipient notice (mine does, although peopl don't have to sned a receipt).

If this questionairre is so important I would ask that they send yu one registered mail, then you can sign for it.

Or possibly they could send it by fax. Also when they do return the call I'd suggest elling them when YOU are available and ask them to call back at that time, you do have children you are responsible for after all. :o

Peggy

Is it about your staff and, if memory serves me right, the children attending who are accessing the nursery funding narnia? I have had one of these in the past asking about staff qualifications, hours worked, how many three year olds I had how many were four etc. I was also told I should have had one by post but didn't. I just answered the questions I could as I was actually at work and most of the information, at that time, was at home. I also said that I needed time in the future to have this down on paper to be completely accurate and was told that was why I had been sent one in the post to fill in and be ready for the phone call.

Linda

we get one every year.. they usually send one by post to complete with a note saying they will telephone to get the answers..(and again this year did not get one by post!) but then our mail often gets lost if sent to the work address, which this one was. they have always been very polite when I have dealt with them (this year it was a man who called) so perhaps it is just that you did not receive the original one which is causing her to become so 'rude'..

it is usually sent in January each year and the call is at a random time, I have always been asked if it is convenient and if not they happily called back another time.. they should also give you a name and a a number to call so you can check it is ok if you want to.. they always offer this to me.. and I am always told the calls are recorded so perhaps a complaint about her attitude.

They do not ask for specific details just general ones , as Linda said, on staffing, qualifications, pay, length of service etc. And numbers of children attending etc.

Inge

:o I have just received the email!...............and the reason i may not have seenit before, is that it's not labelled as coming from the DSCF.............it's something called BMRB?????And they want to know about wages, rent,income/outgoings, numbers/ages/ethnicity of children, qualifications of staff,how old we are, how many hours we work....well, virtually everything down to how many times I go to the loo!! And, what she didn't tell me is that it is totally voluntary, not compulsory, so why on earth have they been hassling me so hard about it??

We too had a phone call asking us if we had filled in a questionnaire but we hadn't received it. They sent us a paper copy but we haven't filled it in as we felt it was asking rather personal questions. They haven't rung us back .... yet!

Yes, I've had my letter, and a phone call to arrange to call me back to give the answers to the questionnaire.

Maz

PS: the lady from the market research company I spoke to was very nice, and keen to call me when it was most convenient to me. Looks like you got someone on an off day, narnia!

Edited by HappyMaz

I have got one of those forms lying about SOMEWHERE!! in the heap. I am a bit sceptical coming from BMRB. I am going to check with the LEA and ring DFES on Monday

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)