Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Digiblue

Hi everyone

I am thinking of investing in a digiblue camcorder for our Pre-School (ready for the EYFS). Has anyone used them with Pre-School age children and are they any good? Or is there something better out there that I haven't found yet.

Any advice welcome!!

Kristina

We have digiblues in reception and year 1/2.... to be honest they get little use. The biggest problem is they need to be held still and the resolution is really poor. You can't move them around like a video camera the instructions say to hold still and move in front of it... I have had little luck using it and the children get frustrated.

L

Hi

Thanks for the reply and that answers my question. I am looking for something the children can use aswell as the staff, and as the age group is 3-4 they may find this quite hard to use.

If anyone knows of something along the same lines that is easy to use please let me know!!

Kris

I have been looking into these as well for our pre-school children. My GD uses them at school and loves thm but she is almost 9.

An alternitive I found was these Tuff Cams

No idea what they are like but am very interested in them for Sept. Amazon were selling them for around £75. We have digital still cameras (Fisher price) and the kids love them, in particular the boys.

Edited by lynned55

digi blue not good for this age.. we were given one.. and it is Ok set up as a webcam where children can see it on a screen but to film impossible..even staff find it awkward and resolutioin very poor.

the tuff cam looks better but not tried it.

Ours really enjoy the children's digital camera from fisher price.. while not the best resolution they are great as the children just go away and take pictures with no adult input. They bounce and we use rechargeable batteries in them. we download them while children watch and they can they immediately say which ones they took. we can print them off and they put them in their learning diary.

Inge

We also have a digiblue and rarely use it.

On a slightly different note, we have just been awarded £1,500 by our LEA, to buy It equipment! Lucky us, but what would you buy with this......................I intend buying a computer, but should it be a laptop, or a PC?? we also need a printer/scanner, and a decent digital camera, but what to get??I imagine I can get quite a lot for the money, so any useful pointers would be helpful please!

On a slightly different note, we have just been awarded £1,500 by our LEA, to buy It equipment! Lucky us, but what would you buy with this......................I intend buying a computer, but should it be a laptop, or a PC?? we also need a printer/scanner, and a decent digital camera, but what to get??I imagine I can get quite a lot for the money, so any useful pointers would be helpful please!

colour lasers are very cheap at the moment - much better quality than inkjet and whilst the toner cartridges are more expensive, I think the running costs are lower too. We have a laptop which does make it more portable but they are obviously more fragile than a desktop.

£1,500 is a lot of money - personally I'd buy a set of hollow blocks! But then we have our IT stuff more or less sorted :o

colour lasers are very cheap at the moment - much better quality than inkjet and whilst the toner cartridges are more expensive, I think the running costs are lower too. We have a laptop which does make it more portable but they are obviously more fragile than a desktop.

£1,500 is a lot of money - personally I'd buy a set of hollow blocks! But then we have our IT stuff more or less sorted :o

......we already have a set of hollow blocks :)......................the £1,500 MUST be spent on IT stuff, if i don't spend it on that, i must return it!!

We have just had a Tuff cam, resolution not wonderful, but very easy for chn. to handle, better than digiblue as chn. can see what they are recording on the screen rather than putting it to their eyes. Takes individual photos too with 1 press of trigger, also records sound. Had 1 or 2 problems with software but IT technician has sorted it. You can also use an SD card to increase the memory. We've now ordered a set of 6 for FS and KS1.

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)