Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

What A Week, Im Glad It's Over

Guest MaryEMac

Guest MaryEMac

I have had a very stressful week and I haven't posted because I have been too angry or upset to post.

Tuesday 10.15 a.m. phone call from my chairman to tell me that a parent has put in a complaint to ofsted about me.

Tuesday 11.40 a.m. another parent praised me and my staff to the heavens for the way we have supported her and her son, who is autistic.

Tuesday 3.30 p.m. phone call from my husband to say that he will be late home because his dad who is 80 and suffering from Alzeimers and Parkinsons had decided to hitchhike to Bedford and about a mile from his home had fallen and been taken to hospital by paramedics. He doesn't live in Bedford and never has lived in Bedford so don't know why he was going there.

Wednesday a.m. found out that parent(a) alleged that I had given personal information to parent © regarding her attempts to get her son into an out of catchment school. Chairman spoke to me and then to parent ©, who said that parent (a) had told her all about this a week ago and that I had never mentioned anything about it. So after this internal investigation the chairman has decided that no action will be taken against me although I expect that when parent (a) sees the report she will go back to ofsted because she won't accept the decision or accept that possibly she is in the wrong.

Thursday lunchtime, father in law decided to try and get to Bedford again but was thwarted by a colleague of my husband and taken back to a local pub until my husband could get to him. While there he collapsed and the paramedics were called out again.

Friday p.m. father in law now in emergency respite care at a local care home for 7 days. For the family's sanity I hope that they can find him somewhere permanent where we know that he will be safe.

Hopefully next week will be slightly less stressful. :o

I've already had the chocolate, glass of wine next. Thanks for listening to my woes

Mary

Oh Mary poor you i feel exhausted just reading your post!! so sorry you have had such a tough week. Try to enjoy your weekend and relax i hope next week will be better for you

Lola x

Mary, hope you feel better by sharing, ( and a few glasses of vino).

I don't think Ofsted will respond to this particular complaint because it's not specifically relevant to any specific standards, plus it's 'hearsay', so try not to worry about that.

Good to hear the committee have dealt with it efficiently both in terms of responding to parents allegations, getting the facts straight and letting you know asap that it is concluded. Nothing worse than having these types of things hanging over your head, so to speak.

Sorry to hear father in law is ill, it's so heartbreaking and frustrating when you want to be there and do whats best for family, but sometimes the services you need to help don't seem to.

So you don't feel too alone in your troubles, my week has been a bit traumatic but for different reasons. Foster son had a MAJOR tantrum on Tuesday (He's 13 yrs but maturely younger). Tantrum lasted an hour and culminated in a kicked in door, trashed bedroom, kicked in garage door, lots of blasphemy and eventually a 2 week grounding. (all over a piece of homework :( ). Pain is is that I have to record everything, word for word, how we responded, etc, report to social worker, then the hard bit impliment the grounding which is a hassle.

Then yesterday my 79 yr old mum rang to say she's been offered a new council, warden assisted accommodation, this was good news, but tonight got another phone call from her in a state of panic, she's moving tomorrow and thinks she has to do everything (gas, electric, keys, phone, papers cancelled, let alone packing) like NOW. Calmed her down a bit and off to help in the morning. She actually has a week to sort everything out, with our help, but has arranged removals of furniture for tomorrow. xD

So, I've had my fill of vino, just the washing up to do, and next week it's bound to get better. :o

Peggy

Sometimes it seems like everything gets piled on top of us all at once, doesn't it! Weeks can go by with nothing and then suddenly it's like bedlam. I am sure it will all get sorted out - and well done to your chair for acting so promptly and correctly. This is certainly one I wouldn't lose any sleep over as she is clearly in the wrong and her complaint is flimsy to say the least. As for your father in law, elderly parents can be such a worry and I sincerely hope you manage to get something arranged soon.

Everyone has already given good advice so I just want to add more virtual sympathy and hugs coming your way all the way from Somerset. Let's hope things can only get better Mary. :oxD

Everyone said it for me... things always come together , but time will help with most things , hardest is not to dwell on things but just take it as it comes...

Hope this week is better...

Inge

my week??Just discovered i have lost £400 on a deal from the amazon website, buying a non-existant camera (was to be a gift for hubby, to update his equipment).I even mailed amazon to check this guy out, and they assured me he was ok, and it was all guaranteed.However, the 'seller' asked for a moneygram (in effect, cash), which, like a fool, i sent him.....and since then, not one word, no replies to mails, no camera....................and now, amazon say no refund, as the money didn't actually go through their system.I am beyond crying................it's almost a months wages for me, and i had been saving like a crazy beast to buy this treat for hubby.I don't even dare to tell him what a fool i have been,though i know he would be more than sympathetic, but he'd also blow his top over this lousy, nasty little thief.One born every minute??yes, but i'd like to think iwas just too trusting.....................damn, damn and damn

my week??Just discovered i have lost £400 on a deal from the amazon website, buying a non-existant camera (was to be a gift for hubby, to update his equipment).I even mailed amazon to check this guy out, and they assured me he was ok, and it was all guaranteed.However, the 'seller' asked for a moneygram (in effect, cash), which, like a fool, i sent him.....and since then, not one word, no replies to mails, no camera....................and now, amazon say no refund, as the money didn't actually go through their system.I am beyond crying................it's almost a months wages for me, and i had been saving like a crazy beast to buy this treat for hubby.I don't even dare to tell him what a fool i have been,though i know he would be more than sympathetic, but he'd also blow his top over this lousy, nasty little thief.One born every minute??yes, but i'd like to think iwas just too trusting.....................damn, damn and damn

Sorry to hear of your problem.. hope you added a suitable feedback for him... :o perhaps to warn others

Inge

Guest MaryEMac

Thanks everyone for your good wishes. Father in law had a good night and today we took him for his usual saturday lunchtime pint and 2 slices of toast, to try and keep to his routine. He did have to be persuaded to let his daughter take him back and he hasn't been told that it is a care home. But as long as he settles we think that it is ok.

Narnia, I'm sorry to hear about your troubles. Some people are so wicked. Virtual hugs on their way.

Mary

Guest Wolfie

Oh, Narnia, that's horrible, I'm really sorry. A friend of mine was caught by something similar on eBay - she actually reported it to the police and has since had to make a witness statement and the whole thing is going to court. It turned out that the "seller" had done it lots of times and all had been reported so they were able to build up a case.

Edited by Wolfie

Oh Narnia, How awful for you, don't be too hard on yourself, these are professional tricksters, and like you say you checked with Amazon first, they, I think, have some responsibility here, even if you didn't use their site for payment.

maybe consider reporting to the police, and share with your husband, he must sense you are upset but not know why.

Lets hope it can be sorted and all is not lost just yet.

Peggy

• 3 weeks later...
Guest MaryEMac

Just wanted to update everyone about the complaint made against me a month ago. The chairman had a letter fom Ofsted to say that they were not upholding the complaint and that we had not contravened any of the standards. What a relief. :o

The mum who complained has sent her son to playgroup every day since she complained. I have kept out of her way guarded by my staff and they have dealt with her. When she received the report from the group she said that she wouldn't appeal because she hadn't got time but I think that she knew that she hadn't got a leg to stand on and also she had succeeded in getting revenge because we had wanted to refer her child.

Anyway he is leaving us for school in a weeks time so it should be more relaxed next term.

Have happy holidays all of you out there.

Mary