Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Golden Achievements,

Susan

Hi, my golden achievment happened this week...finally got our committee secretary to stop giving parents wrong information!! Yippee :D Theres hope for September yet. On a more serious note, my golden achievement was seeing my deputy who started with us as a parent helper 5 years ago, move on to being manager of a nursery, so proud of her. :D:D

I think it's just the general realisation of how much the children have grown, learnt and matured through the year. Finishing the profiles, meeting the children for my reception class next year and writing reports brings it all into perspetive and I am reminded of why I love teaching reception so much. One little girl can now count accurately to 100, sound out initial, middle and final sounds - last September she couldn't sit quietly for even a minute!

You'll all know the sense you have of teaching a 'together' class that you know you have had a hand in shaping. It's something to be proud of.

Dianne xxx

I'm proud of my school. We recently won the Artsmark Gold award - very prestigious! :D and we released our first cd last christmas! copies available on request :o

m'bat

Well I am in the final few days of my NQT year...and what a year! Highs, lows, new friends and treasured memories!

I looked at my class today, whilst they were eagerly looking back at me (that's a great achievement in itself!) and had to blink back my tears - I am really going to miss them. We have had such a lovely time together and I wasn't expecting to be so emotionally involved, but they are all so special! (sad hey!). I can't wait until the summer break, but I am also dreading the heartache of saying goodbye.

Anyway, just want to echo what has been said about how valuable this site is. I have already signed up as the support I feel I get is worth every penny and more! So thanks to all behind it!

Shelley

P.S. After reading my message back to myself, the tears have started - am I soft or what?!!

This year has been so full for me, I managed to get funding for a garden to be attatched to the Pre-school that I manage, and the difference to our space and children's freedom and enjoyment has been amazing. We have just had a totally unannounced Ofsted ( a mix up with the month) and have achieved very good in ALL areas and no actions!!! I have managed to keep up with my OU study of the Foundation Degree whilst helping my 16 yr old daughter through GCSE'S . My partner of 10 years has just had another fit (yesturday whilst he was miles away from home) and he survived yet again, his struggle with Epilepsy continues but WE WILL SURVIVE !!!

This site is inspiring and takes my mind off things ! Thankyou all :D

No not soft Shelley, a person who enjoys what they do!! We have been practising our songs today for our concert next week. We have decided, very lately to learn a new song. It is from the Kids Music Company CD Feeling the Beat. It is the last song we are going to sing and goes

I wish you the freshness of a blue summer sky

I wish you the peace of a cloud floating by

I wish you the warmth of a bright golden sun

And a day filled with friends and with laughter and fun.

I couldn't sing because I was choked thinking of all the children who are moving on to school and nursery and how the parents would react to it. I thought it was appropriate for both children and adults.

The day we stop getting emotional about these times is the day we need to give up!!

Linda

Hi, I totally know what you mean about fighting back the tears. One of our youngsters is leaving before the end of term to start a new life in Italy. Today he came in with home made gingerbread men for the staff and a special one for his friend. He'd asked his mom to write on it in icing 'I love you'. I had to volunteer to put the kettle on so I could escape and wipe my eyes. Gulp!

Wow, this is one of those threads that has kept me going whilst Ive been under the weather, its great to see so many success stories, so well done everyone. :D

mine? Well Im going to be sellfish and have 2.

First one, isnt really mine, its a shared acheivement by all of my colleagues. we had a boy start at nursery in September, who would hit out at absolutely everything. Between us all we saw many bruises! Often we could not determine why. Its a long time since Ive met such an 'angry' child.

10 months on and, yes he stil gets angry sometimes but he knows this and will say 'Im angry now'. He'll go off and sulk for a bit, sitting on his own, then come back and say...'I was angry because.xyz happened, and Ive done this, and need to do this, and now Im ok'. :o I wouldnt mind seeing a few more adults take that approach.!!

And the second one?

well just being back here. :D

I have realised through form filling for my new job that today it is exactly 20 years ago that I started work as a paid teacher! I did 1 week's cover in the school that I did my probationary year in before the end of term and then continued as a permanent nqt. I had John Stannard (now director of the Literacy Strategy) as my probation Inspector and thus started my career. It's wierd looking back over all the highs and lows of the last 20 years..........on now to the next challenge. :o

Hi Catma,

thats a heady feeling, I've been there! Unfortunately I didn't quite get the same buzz realising it was 25 yrs ago that I started my first job earlier on this year! As for my probationary inspector, he was charming and supportive but I've absolutely no recollection of his name so no idea if he's become or been one of the bigwigs in education!

Its certainly amazing to realise how the wheel has spun though, wonder what will happen in the next 25 yrs.? Of one thing I'm certain, I wont be teaching through it to find out!