Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

Ofsted Fee Sept

hi all has anyone else recieved a letter from O about the differing registrations come sept?

I got one to confirm that I will be reg seperatly for my under5s and over 5s. we have a current reg for sessional playgroup before and after school and holiday club. they charge us for full day care because of the holiday club. in sept they will have 2 reg 0-5 and 5-8 and will charge us 2 fees as yet to be decided they will send us info on how they will inspect us in june we have yet to recieve the new standards for over 5s but will be inspected from sept just like the eyfs. they say that full day care,sessional and after school will no longer apply. so does that mean the 4 hr rule regarding sessional care will not apply? just cant seem to get my head round this nor im sure our bank balance if the tales of rising fees are true.

sue

I am also wondering whether the 4 hour rule won't apply in september.

that's ridiculous about the 2 separate fess; I thought they were supposed to be encouraging 'extended schools' and wrap around type provision?

Grrr

One reason we haven't moved to "full daycare" ie four hours minimum is that we don't believe this rule will last in the light of the extension of the funded session. Our setting will not be able to open more than 4 hours so that would be the maximum we could do as full daycare.

We received a letter last week about the change of registration and have had to send a form back to tell them that we only take children from age 2 years and never have children in over the age of 5 years. Ofsted had us down as caring for children up to age 8 years and as such we would have to register twice also. We don't have a holiday club although someone else runs one from the premises when we are closed. I wonder if they have amalgamated the two registrations due to the address....

I don't think so Holly. I have had the forms and I am down as wanting to care for children over five and upto 17! And we don't have anybody else using the premises.

Linda

I have also had the letter and form and I am down for caring for children from birth to 17 years. I have just phoned Ofsted and asked for clarification. I was told that due to the letters not being very clear they have been inundated with calls.

Apparently, by being registered to care for birth to 17 years, from September 08, I am legally able to care for that age group, if I wanted to. I wouldn't have to go through all the rigmoral (spelling???) of re-registering for different age groups at a later date should I want to change my provision.

Of course, the important question I asked was - "Will it cost me more?" by being registered for birth to 17 years, because if it was going to, then I would amend the registration. The answer was "no".

From September, the old Full Day Care, Sessional Care, Out of School Care, etc will no longer exist. It will all come under Early Years and Later Years.

It was all made clear to me !!!! :o .............but then I have looked at the letter again ................Ofsted were right !!!!!.............the letter wasn't as clear as it could have been!!!!!!!!!!! :(xD

So from September 08, remind me............how much will the annual fee for a Pre-school be that is open from 9-12 ?? (with Lunch Club til 1pm)

(still ever to slightly confused - but hoping for more clarification from you guys)

Sue J

Glad I'm not the only one who found it as clear as mud.

I wasn't sure whether it was better to keep it as Ofsted suggest and register on all 3 registers from the outset provided it did not cost us anything extra or have any additional requirements?

• 2 weeks later...

Just preparing for our committee meeting on Monday when I hope (!) to explain this to them.........

We are definitely saying there will be no more sessional, full day care, after school designations........ it will just be one register. Just re-read my letter from Ofsted and it really isn't clear!

Just preparing for our committee meeting on Monday when I hope (!) to explain this to them.........

We are definitely saying there will be no more sessional, full day care, after school designations........

That is my understanding LJW. We are down for 3 different registers though, quite what the implications/cost are for that I don't know.