Home
Forum
Articles
About Us
Tapestry

A Blooming Idea!

Time off means i can get creative!!! I have just made a new self registration board with out a board!!! I thought i would share with you all!

I ordered a pack called "A festival of flowers" from our county council supplies book it was meant to be used for wall displays but I adapted it with loads of glue & garden sticks!!!

The pack contained hundreds of pre-cut flower shapes which I layered up on top of each other to get different effects etc. I then added on green garden sticks & put yellow velco in the flower centers.

I brought a huge wicker hanging basket & filled it with shredded green paper, placed a flower supporting grid type of thing!! over the top & attached it with brown pipe cleaners.

I placed the flowers in a trog basket, the children's name tickets & the hanging basket next to each other & introduced it as our new reg board!!!

I printed images of watering cans to add the staff names to again with velcro.

The children where delighted to choose their flower, add their name & then plant it!! I have had lovely comments from the parents as well as it makes a welcoming display when you enter the setting.

The only problems I have had was my husband moaning as he stepped over the news paper on the floor in the front room! & that I can't seam to upload my photo for you all to see that is a shame as my description doesn't do it justice! This could be achieved by cutting out the flower shapes your self but the pre-cut pack just saved time.

I hope you are able to upload a photo at some point, i would love to see it

That was just going through my mind Lucy! I'm sure a clever, technical type person will be along with some advice about how to post the photo Lesley! It sounds lovely!

Edited by HappyMaz

What a fantastic idea, would love to see a photo if you can upload one at some point.

I still need to sort out a system for snack to ensure all children have had theirs. We do have a self registation system but it is not well used. I may use something similar if I hadn't got a lot of other things that need doing.

Beth

That sounds really good - I was going to put childrens names on 'flowerheads' (sparkle box) then put them on sticks ready for the children to place in a vase - but I like your idea soooo much better!!!!!!

please please try and upload the photo!!! :oxD:(

xxx

wow! would also love to see!

i'm going to try to create a 'moneybox' type thing for the children to post their name in when they have snack as its hard to see who has had snack, the system we have for this at the moment isn't working.

i'm going to try to create a 'moneybox' type thing for the children to post their name in when they have snack as its hard to see who has had snack, the system we have for this at the moment isn't working.

Love this idea - not that we do a snack bar so it isn't a problem for us!

I would really love to see the photos too! We have a self registration system, but it is getting quite boring now. It is envelope size laminated card in group colours with names on and a post box in the registration room. Serves a purpose but isn't half as pretty as yours!!

wow! would also love to see!

We covered a shoe box with some brightly coloured wrapping paper and cut a post-box sized hole in the top for the children to post their name cards in when they have finished snack bar. Works very well and it gets re-covered every term. :o

Time off means i can get creative!!! I have just made a new self registration board with out a board!!! I thought i would share with you all!

I ordered a pack called "A festival of flowers" from our county council supplies book it was meant to be used for wall displays but I adapted it with loads of glue & garden sticks!!!

The pack contained hundreds of pre-cut flower shapes which I layered up on top of each other to get different effects etc. I then added on green garden sticks & put yellow velco in the flower centers.

I brought a huge wicker hanging basket & filled it with shredded green paper, placed a flower supporting grid type of thing!! over the top & attached it with brown pipe cleaners.

I placed the flowers in a trog basket, the children's name tickets & the hanging basket next to each other & introduced it as our new reg board!!!

The children where delighted to choose their flower, add their name & then plant it!! I have had lovely comments from the parents as well as it makes a welcoming display when you enter the setting.

The only problems I have had was my husband moaning as he stepped over the news paper on the floor in the front room! & that I can't seam to upload my photo for you all to see that is a shame as my description doesn't do it justice! This could be achieved by cutting out the flower shapes your self but the pre-cut pack just saved time.

It has came from Suffolk county council, Procurement & commissioning (the book that the schools order from). The pack was £8.60p.

I keep on trying to upload :o .

Thank you for your comments, i hope the photo will help & may be spark off some other ideas for us all to share.

I am trying to think of a different way to create a role play board. I have taken photos of the main items & would like to offer a self selection type display using the photos and loads of velcro i expect! Not sure what to base it on or what to make it out of, i think i need to wander around the shops and get inspired by something strange and different!

Important Information

We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue. (Privacy Policy)